Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
One Unhappy Thompson Owner >

One Unhappy Thompson Owner

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

One Unhappy Thompson Owner

Old 12-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Spike

Interested in a pro hunter Camo with thumb hole. 22-250 any body out there with one? Would like to hear the good, bad and ugly. Mainly for predator hunting, still wondering about only having 1 shot ready
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

TC was one of the last gun companies to actually get an email contact system up and running. I have a triumph and was contemplating another encore but I too have felt like they are lacking.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chiefsimms9
Interested in a pro hunter Camo with thumb hole. 22-250 any body out there with one? Would like to hear the good, bad and ugly. Mainly for predator hunting, still wondering about only having 1 shot ready
things can happen quick with cats and dogs. I would seriously consider a bolt or ar platform if you have good predator hunting in your area.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still sit and shake my head that they actually got people to pay over $500 for a pokestalker!! Amazing! Whoever done their marketing was brilliant! I know it got to the point for me that if I turned on a hunting show and they were using one I kept surfing...
Old 02-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Spike

Just an update since I started the post. Decided to keep rifle mainly due to the fact the gun shop owner is a friend of mine. He called me a few days ago all upset that he can't get any one from thompson on the line to see what is up with my 22 cal barrel. Well after burning some minutes on the cell I get customer service. And the answer I get is we havent started are December returns yet. I never even put the barrel on the gun send me a new one. Well now I get to whait a few more weeks. Sean
Old 02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know my brother's tried multiple times to get parts out of T/C and it's a dead end - nobody there or nothing available. Not looking like a bright future for them.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do and don't have a complaint about T/C. They finally made it very right. I bought the wife a T/C Triumph. A plain Jane blued and synthetic stock. I got it home and the lever on the trigger guard snapped off. That was a year ago Christmas. I sent it in and they replaced the trigger guard. I received it back and the hammer couldn't be pulled back. Back to T/C for the second time. Not having any place to shoot it was several months before I got to try it out.I cleaned it good went to snap a couple 209 primers and nothing. I tried a couple different brands of 209's.That's three trips to T/C and haven't fired a shot. Some bushing was not installed correctly.I get it back a few days before BP season. Opening morning we're at the range sighting it in. When we got to the range the first shot the Fiber Optic broke. The bore was so tight it took two men and boy to get the ball down the barrel. I called and talked to the service manager. A very nice lady. She knew of all the issues.Finally she asked if we can use it the way it is until BP ends then she would swap it out. I agreed and I had wanted to get a S/S and Camo stock but they were sold out right at Christmas.I asked if I could pay the difference and get what we originally wanted. She said no for all the trouble you've had I'll send you the S/S /Camo.

So it did have a happy ending but aggravating as Hell
Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought mine a year ago so I guess I got a good one before S&W bought it.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was afriad T/C would hit rock bottom when S&W took them over. T/C at one time had one of the best Customer Services.I have dealt with them for many years.I'm not saying I won't ever buy another T/C product but I will be looking elsewhere first. I sure hate seeing a great company like were go down the tubes like they have been lately. Very sad.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

I've dealt with TCs customer services on multiple occasions, and have yet to experience any negative issues. Quick and timely shipments of parts with no hesitations regarding the lifetime warranty. I own multiple barrels for a contender and encore and each is a tack driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.