Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
One Unhappy Thompson Owner >

One Unhappy Thompson Owner

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

One Unhappy Thompson Owner

Old 12-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

C was on its way to the bottom of the hill years before S&W took over.
Absolutely. TC Arms is a perfect example of how a fantastic marketing campaign can get people to buy anything you want to sell them.

If people are paying the going prices for an encore they either have more money than sense or they're are just that gullible.
Either way it's a win for TC.
They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited by bigbulls; 12-19-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
bigcountry

The encore and contender is one of the biggest gimics that sucked almost every gun enthusist in. I got sucked in. Still have one, poured hundreds in it to make it dead accurate. In the end, I have a pokestalker. I had oversized hinge pins put in. Hanger systems added to forearms, machined out hinge to match.

I can't believe I fell for it.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
The encore and contender is one of the biggest gimics that sucked almost every gun enthusist in. I got sucked in. Still have one, poured hundreds in it to make it dead accurate. In the end, I have a pokestalker. I had oversized hinge pins put in. Hanger systems added to forearms, machined out hinge to match.

I can't believe I fell for it.
Really?? I was thinking about picking one up (almost did last week in Reno) for a blackpowder rifle then getting a .243 barrel and punch it out to a Ackley for fireforming my brass...
Old 12-20-2010, 06:24 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Really?? I was thinking about picking one up (almost did last week in Reno) for a blackpowder rifle then getting a .243 barrel and punch it out to a Ackley for fireforming my brass...
As long as you don't mind the fact, you got a pokestalker in the end of this road.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
As long as you don't mind the fact, you got a pokestalker in the end of this road.
Are the newer Pro-Hunters/Endeavors any better?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 AM
bigcountry

I am not sure. I bought up several encores at an estate sell. Ended up parting out pieces and had frames left and wood forearm and stock.

First barrel had alot of play. You could push out the hinge pin or shake it out. I had hole milled on frame and barrel and new one installed. You have to punch it out now. Forearm had trouble with the fit. Horrible accuracy. You had to force the front screw. Hogged out the forearm and put in solid metal system. Worked on the trigger myself.

So now, if I wanted to buy a new barrel, I have to take back to my smith and have the hole milled to match perfectly with the oversized one.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 AM
bigcountry

I am not sure. I bought up several encores at an estate sell. Ended up parting out pieces and had frames left and wood forearm and stock.

First barrel had alot of play. You could push out the hinge pin or shake it out. I had hole milled on frame and barrel and new one installed. You have to punch it out now. Forearm had trouble with the fit. Horrible accuracy. You had to force the front screw. Hogged out the forearm and put in solid metal system. Worked on the trigger myself.

So now, if I wanted to buy a new barrel, I have to take back to my smith and have the hole milled to match perfectly with the oversized one.

Ended up selling the other frame and pieces. But a prohunter is a different lockup.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I have a problem with my Omega. The firing pin won't retract into the breech block, puts a dent in the primers ( that's how I noticed it) almost deep enough to fire. Most likely caused by corrosion, can't get the screw to back out of the block to inspect. Called T/C and got a recording that they were closed for the day. Found out they closed the New Hampshire plant and are moving to S & W facilities in Springfield, Mass.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

I've had several TC guns thru the years. I sold or traded off every one. I'm done with TC.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Spike

Default Thompson fixed my gun

I dropped my old renegade and broke off the hammer screw I sent the lock to them and they repaired no questions asked. Took about 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.