Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Mossberg Vs. Remington, the ongoing battle >

Mossberg Vs. Remington, the ongoing battle

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Mossberg Vs. Remington, the ongoing battle

Old 11-26-2010, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default Mossberg Vs. Remington, the ongoing battle

Ok well i just thought i would post this! i have a mossberg 500 field, and i must say for 300 bucks i love it! i think the 870 was around the same price but i love the safety on the mossberg, so convenient and i can always keep my thumb on it with out it being a hassle, i dont necessarily like the cheek plate but i dont mind it. My friend has an 870, it feels good and all, the both shoot the same to me. But i love my mossberg, how bout you guys?
Old 11-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The nice thing about the 500 is you can also get an ML barrel for it.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

It's no different than the Ford/Chevy debate. One is great and the other is junk, simple as that. LOL No, just goofin around. I've had Fords, Chevys, and Dodges. They all seem to break down on me I'm a Mossberg guy but that's just because the first gun my dad ever got me was a Mossberg 500. I've always had them around, but if that first gun was a Remington, it would probably be the other way around. The Mossy's safety is better IMO, and the 870 has less rattle in the forend. As in most debates, the one that feels the best in the shooter's hand is probably the best bet. BTW... I drive a Chevy

rw
Old 11-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

I personally love the 870 but agree with whatever feels best to you. Both are great guns for the money and can take years of hard hunting.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

almost every remington i have bought ended up having problems. rem 700 would bind up the bolt like a old moisin nagant. rem 7600 plastic tube holding the barrel snug would loosen up and a few others. only one i own now and has been with me since 1998 is a rem 1100
i have never shot a mossberg but from what i have been reading mossberg has come along way.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally I like the fit of the 870 better. The 500 just doesn't 'feel' right. But both are reliable firearms. BTW, I found out last week from a couple of guys that attended a Mossberg repair class that a lot of the internal parts from the 500 and the 870 are interchangable. (Mossberg makes many of them for Remington.) That was a shock to me.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Personally I like the fit of the 870 better. The 500 just doesn't 'feel' right. But both are reliable firearms. BTW, I found out last week from a couple of guys that attended a Mossberg repair class that a lot of the internal parts from the 500 and the 870 are interchangable. (Mossberg makes many of them for Remington.) That was a shock to me.
Thas actually pretty sweet!! i like both brands, both built well and meant to last. i just cant stand it when people thrash on mossberg when they havent even shot one. Both are amazing shotgun brands and will be around forever!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Spike

bout 3 yrs ago i bought both a 500 combo and a 870 combo, and well, it didnt take long for me to sell one!!! the mossberg stayed, the remington, it had to go! it costed $100 more than the mossberg and just wasnt worth it, to me! luckly i got back what i payed!!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by balde
bout 3 yrs ago i bought both a 500 combo and a 870 combo, and well, it didnt take long for me to sell one!!! the mossberg stayed, the remington, it had to go! it costed $100 more than the mossberg and just wasnt worth it, to me! luckly i got back what i payed!!
haha great job man!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

imo expresses are JUNK. wingmasters are great. i have a 500 made probably around 1980 for hunting birds abd use my dads wingmaster with a slug barrel. made around the same time. both are great guns obviously the remington has a nicer feel and is better quality. the mossberg is great for duck hunting becuase im not afraid to beat the crap out of it. i have shot one express and it is a piece of junk. if the guy who owned it agreed. the thing rust like there is no tomorrow. i would buy a mossberg 500 any day. the only remington i would buy is a wingmaster made before 1985

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.