Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage 111 FCXP3

Old 10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me... I'd be quick to take a 7mmRM over a 300.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Spike

I would steer clear of that rifle and get something with a better trigger. I think the stock triggers on Savages are junk. The accu-trigger is excellent. My .308 was a pre-accutrigger and I hated the trigger on that gun. I put a Timney in it and it's a shooter! The Simmons scopes they use in their packages are OK. I have since upgraded mine to a Nikon Buckmaster, but the pkg scope served its purpose for a few years.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Well I took everyone's advice and am now the proud new owner of a Savage 111 FXP with acutrigger.

Got a hell of a deal on it to.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations !

Go get'em Danny......................

Practice, practice, practice.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

You won't go wrong with the Savage. The scopes that it comes with will get you by till you can get a better one.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Spike

Congrats, you'll be glad you went with the accu-trigger.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

If I had a wife and she told me that I couldn't buy a gun, I would find a new wife. Especially if I was the one that was making the money.

I would never buy one of these new plastic fantastic guns with limp noodle barrels. I would buy a 30 year old Remington or Winchester.

Too many people are driven by price and not quality.

Nothing good comes from Walmart these days and Walmart does not have a trained gunsmith on hand to install scopes or answer questions or repair your rifle if you have a problem.

I think that people needs to educate themselves and realize that price is not the determining factor on if it is good or not. It's quality.

If a gun is no good, it doesn't stay in my gun rack.
If a gun is really good, I will refuse to get rid of it.

There is 4 Remington Gamemaster rifles on my gun rack and only two new Browning rifles. You tell me which gun is better?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter

I think that people needs to educate themselves and realize that price is not the determining factor on if it is good or not. It's quality.

There is 4 Remington Gamemaster rifles on my gun rack and only two new Browning rifles. You tell me which gun is better?
Mr. Deer Hunter, if you're happy with your 30 yr old gamemasters, then good for you. I'm sure they're dependable guns and are plenty accurate to hunt with. But to say that the current synthetic stocked guns are crappy quality is just wrong. My synthetic stocked piece of junk Savages and T/C Venture would shoot groups less than 1/2 the size of an average Gamemaster. As a matter of fact, the Venture is guaranteed to shoot 1 moa, which not a lot of Gamemasters will do. I have no doubt that my Savages and T/C will still be shooting just fine in 30 years, so I don't see where there is a lack of quality in today's guns.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Accuracy & durability is everything to a hunter.

What else is there ?!

Unless, you me to "look at".
Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7danny
Well I took everyone's advice and am now the proud new owner of a Savage 111 FXP with acutrigger.

Got a hell of a deal on it to.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I think you will really enjoy it, my friend, let us know how she shoots!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.