Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage 111 FCXP3

Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
If I had a wife and she told me that I couldn't buy a gun, I would find a new wife. Especially if I was the one that was making the money.

I would never buy one of these new plastic fantastic guns with limp noodle barrels. I would buy a 30 year old Remington or Winchester.

Too many people are driven by price and not quality.

Nothing good comes from Walmart these days and Walmart does not have a trained gunsmith on hand to install scopes or answer questions or repair your rifle if you have a problem.

I think that people needs to educate themselves and realize that price is not the determining factor on if it is good or not. It's quality.

If a gun is no good, it doesn't stay in my gun rack.
If a gun is really good, I will refuse to get rid of it.

There is 4 Remington Gamemaster rifles on my gun rack and only two new Browning rifles. You tell me which gun is better?
You seem like a very closed minded, and grouchy person, and obviously don't know much about "new plastic fantastic guns with limp noodle barrels."

Last edited by CommonSense; 10-08-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CommonSense
I think you will really enjoy it, my friend, let us know how she shoots!!

I have only put 9 rounds down range to sight it in. She kicks good, but shoots even straighter.

After deer season I will get back to the range with it and give you a better report. But first impressions this gun is very nice.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

I sell guns for a living and to say that a savage is a plastic piece of junk is just wrong savages are one of the best shooters straight out of the box yes the package deals are a great deal for a budget the scopes are not the best but will do the purpose for a few years til you can save for a better one. I bought a package deal and shot with the scope for five or six years before I bought a new one. I understand the opinion but don't attack someone for buying something they want and like just because you don't. To each his own.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 7danny
Well I took everyone's advice and am now the proud new owner of a Savage 111 FXP with acutrigger.

Got a hell of a deal on it to.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
So did you get the 300 Win Mag?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Spike

I have the same rifle model 11fcxp3 .308 caliper (non-accutrigger), it is a very accurate rifle.

I did have to have a trigger job done, got the pull down to 3.5 lbs.

I also agree with some of the others this rifle shoots the federal ammo better.

Last edited by Num8ber2003; 11-28-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Those old 30 yr old guns were very nice but I am sure the new guns are better. Machining has come a long way. " Plastic" has come a long way, wood is the same, it moves. The new Savages have tons of testimonials about accuracy that was unheard of 30 years ago.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Num8ber2003
I have the same rifle model 11fcxp3 .308 caliper (non-accutrigger), it is a very accurate rifle.

I did have to have a trigger job done, got the pull down to 3.5 lbs.

I also agree with some of the others this rifle shoots the federal ammo better.
I think both guns I own shoot federal ammo better than anything. Though my .308 is also kind of partial to winchester BST's.

I was leaning toward a Savage when I was in the market for my first rifle but the only one's at the sporting goods shop were a savage 111 without accutrigger for $400 or a mossberg ATR 100 with their version of accutrigger and a synthetic walnut stock (I can hear Mr. Deer Hunter grinding his teeth now) for $350. I handled them both and the safety on the savage jammed on me. I'm sure that was a fluke--savage is known for being reliable guns--but it left a bad taste in my mouth and the trigger on the Mossberg was too smooth to pass up. I'm not too fond of the scope, but it's plenty accurate out to 200 yards, so I'm happy with it. The next purchase is a Nikon ProStaff.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

i bought the savage 111 in 7mm rem mag,no complaints at all!love the cal and the gun.took a bull moose a 140 clas whitetail and a doe this year with it,all 1 shot deals.im not overly concerned with looks im more concrned about function and accuracy and the 111 fits those categorys well.btw i used 175 grain winchesters,cpx 3's for them all.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Z
Me... I'd be quick to take a 7mmRM over a 300.
Yup, me too,much more pleasant to shoot...270win is another flat shooter
Old 01-31-2011, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta agree with mister deer hunter about the "injection molded" stocks.I have a remington sps and the stock is a POS.I'm putting a CDL walnut stock on it.
I've seen guns with mcmillan stocks and bell & carlson stocks... now that's a different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.