Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Savage and H&R Slug Guns, impressed >

Savage and H&R Slug Guns, impressed

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage and H&R Slug Guns, impressed

Old 11-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

ol eagle eyes you get my message I senty you?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Spike

12 ga with the accutrigger.
you can put the accutrigger on the 210f in less than 30 mins. Installed on mine and love it. Only other person I know with it done is Neo on Shotgunworld.

Dave
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Spike

I've been experience I pretty high rate of jamming with mine... while target practicing it was maybe 1/3rd the time, the two shots I had at live targets the first one required a bit of fiddling to get the second round chambered and the big buck that took off running after I shot I wanted to get a second shot so I operated the bolt 'like I mean it' (which is usually what folks say works the best), that proceeded to jam the second shell like I really really mean it. After the buck dissapeared and I still had a stuck round I figured I'd have to get it unjammed on the bench back at the house. But another 30 seconds of prying and I finally got it. So in the field its a 100% jam rate at this point. I think when I carry it again if I can't resolve the issue I'm just going to put the clip in empty. Shouldnt need a second shot anywhere, my buck just took off and I wasnt sure, but he was indeed hit and downed just out of sight.

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
ol eagle eyes you get my message I senty you?
yep sorry I dont get on the forums every day.

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
I will tell you this I could not any Rem accutip anywhere no one has them. I could only find Hornady. I could not get them to pattern past 50 yards. Even at that far it was horrible. So bad I got the ML back out. So shells do make a the difference.
Yeah I can't find the Accutips anywhere either but I was able to get the Federals on cabelas and then came across them at the local store and were actually $4 cheaper per box so lucked out there.

Here is my last 5 shot 100 yard group using the led sled and 3" Fed eXpanders...
4 touching
Attached Thumbnails Savage and H&R Slug Guns, impressed-img_2210_700.jpg  

Last edited by ol eagle eyes; 12-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Spike

I think when I carry it again if I can't resolve the issue I'm just going to put the clip in empty.
Have you contacted Savage for your replacement Clip yet? It holds the rounds at a slightly better angle so they do not angle up as much. This keeps the second and third shot from catching the brass where it meets the bolt of the shell coming out of the chamber.

(413) 568-7001 for parts and service (please have your serial number and credit card available)

Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Eastern Time

Closed for lunch between 11:45 PM and 12:30 PM
Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Outdrdave
Have you contacted Savage for your replacement Clip yet? It holds the rounds at a slightly better angle so they do not angle up as much. This keeps the second and third shot from catching the brass where it meets the bolt of the shell coming out of the chamber.
I wasnt aware of a different clip. I did just get the gun a month ago, would it not have the latest clip design?

Also, my dad suggested that loading the clip to capacity might be causing to much tension he suggested just putting one round in it. I have not tried it yet, anyone tried that yet?