HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Savage and H&R Slug Guns, impressed (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/329636-savage-h-r-slug-guns-impressed.html)

Parrot Head 11-29-2010 03:05 PM

ol eagle eyes you get my message I senty you?

Outdrdave 12-01-2010 06:36 AM

12 ga with the accutrigger.
you can put the accutrigger on the 210f in less than 30 mins. Installed on mine and love it. Only other person I know with it done is Neo on Shotgunworld.

Dave

ol eagle eyes 12-04-2010 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been experience I pretty high rate of jamming with mine... while target practicing it was maybe 1/3rd the time, the two shots I had at live targets the first one required a bit of fiddling to get the second round chambered and the big buck that took off running after I shot I wanted to get a second shot so I operated the bolt 'like I mean it' (which is usually what folks say works the best), that proceeded to jam the second shell like I really really mean it. After the buck dissapeared and I still had a stuck round I figured I'd have to get it unjammed on the bench back at the house. But another 30 seconds of prying and I finally got it. So in the field its a 100% jam rate at this point. I think when I carry it again if I can't resolve the issue I'm just going to put the clip in empty. Shouldnt need a second shot anywhere, my buck just took off and I wasnt sure, but he was indeed hit and downed just out of sight.

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 3731031)
ol eagle eyes you get my message I senty you?

yep sorry I dont get on the forums every day.

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 3730608)
I will tell you this I could not any Rem accutip anywhere no one has them. I could only find Hornady. I could not get them to pattern past 50 yards. Even at that far it was horrible. So bad I got the ML back out. So shells do make a the difference.

Yeah I can't find the Accutips anywhere either but I was able to get the Federals on cabelas and then came across them at the local store and were actually $4 cheaper per box so lucked out there.

Here is my last 5 shot 100 yard group using the led sled and 3" Fed eXpanders...
4 touching

Outdrdave 12-04-2010 05:04 PM

I think when I carry it again if I can't resolve the issue I'm just going to put the clip in empty.
Have you contacted Savage for your replacement Clip yet? It holds the rounds at a slightly better angle so they do not angle up as much. This keeps the second and third shot from catching the brass where it meets the bolt of the shell coming out of the chamber.

(413) 568-7001 for parts and service (please have your serial number and credit card available)

Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Eastern Time

Closed for lunch between 11:45 PM and 12:30 PM

ol eagle eyes 12-10-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Outdrdave (Post 3734232)
Have you contacted Savage for your replacement Clip yet? It holds the rounds at a slightly better angle so they do not angle up as much. This keeps the second and third shot from catching the brass where it meets the bolt of the shell coming out of the chamber.

I wasnt aware of a different clip. I did just get the gun a month ago, would it not have the latest clip design?

Also, my dad suggested that loading the clip to capacity might be causing to much tension he suggested just putting one round in it. I have not tried it yet, anyone tried that yet?