Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Dunhams Sports Policy Warning >

Dunhams Sports Policy Warning

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Dunhams Sports Policy Warning

Old 08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Spike

Exclamation Dunhams Sports Policy Warning

Just wanted everyone to know of Dunham's policy reference returns on firearms. They take no returns for any reason. A buddy bought a Mossberg Bantam 243 for his son. When we took it to the range we found it keyholing shots at 50yrds. A close inspection of the bore found there was bearly any rifling. You could hardly tell it had any rifling at all!! He attempted to exchange it at Dunhams for another rifle of the same model and was told that they can't take any firearm in to the store. After they leave the store he has to deal with Mossberg himself.
I know "that's what you get for buying from a dept. store" and I myself never do that for that reason, but I just wanted to warn others to check their purchses carefully before you leave the store because after you leave you're on your own!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hate to break it to you but there are hardly any gun stores that will take back a firearm once it leaves the store. It's just the way it is.

Having said that, assuming he didn't wait a month to go to the range and if the gun was only a couple of days old, (he bought on Thursday and range Saturday) we would have taken back that rifle if the story you posted was true. The buyer must do another 4473 because it would be a different serial number though.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't keyholing shots a good thing?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Spike

To be more clear he bought the waepon on Thursday, fired it Friday and attempted to bring it back on Saturday. He had at least hoped they would handle sending it back to Mossberg for him. They surely did not promote their "one Way" policy when they were selling him that gun.
As for the other gentlemans response> I was using the term "keyholing" in reference to the bullets striking the target sideways as if they were tumbling in flight.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Spike

To be more clear he bought the weapon on Thursday, fired it Friday and attempted to bring it back on Saturday. He had at least hoped they would handle sending it back to Mossberg for him. They surely did not promote their "one Way" policy when they were selling him that gun.
As for the other gentlemans response. I was using the term "keyholing" in reference to the bullets striking the target sideways as if they were tumbling in flight.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Isn't keyholing shots a good thing?
Ummm...NOPE!!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

That's most 'big' store's policy these days. 4473 issues.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Once a gun leaves the store it is legally a used gun and must be logged back in and sold as a used gun.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Bigbulls is correct once it's called in and you
leave the store ,it's a used gun.
IMHO if the defect is as you describe if I were the store owner I'd ship the rifle back for you and I'm sure Mossberg would either rebarrel it of send you a new one to replace it. You'll just have to go thru the papper work again if they send you a new one.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Spike

My buddy was finally able to get through to Mossberg after several"I'll call you backs" didn't happen. He was given instructions on how to ship the rifle back. No, I'm sorrys no offer to cover shipping, nothing.Just a real don't give a darn attitude. I have never owned a Mossberg and after this I don't believe I will. I understand a bad one can get through, it's how they take care of it that matters to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.