Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Dunhams Sports Policy Warning >

Dunhams Sports Policy Warning

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Dunhams Sports Policy Warning

Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

lesson learned for buying a POS.......
Old 09-02-2010, 04:25 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Isn't keyholing shots a good thing?
Not unless you like poor accuracy, or missing your target completely.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

hmmmmmmm i have seen this kind of thing before ... i would if i was your friend .....have him send customer service for both the store and mossburgh explaining his issues and how he should not have to pay, along with a link to this thread .... a few thousand people looking at this would hurt there reputation more than the millions spent on advertising to build it up ..... just a thought.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

My dad grew up at the end of the great depression and his own comments would be - that is what you get for buying a piece of junk.

For the most part - I wouldn't buy a new rifle unless it said Browning on it.

The quality on new Remington's, Savage, Mossberg's etc is so poor that you are better off buying something off the used gun rack and taking your chances that it was a good rifle as opposed to buying something brand new. Probably the reason why all these single shot rifles has had to do so much advertising on the television to get people to buy their products. After what they have to pay professional hunters to shoot their products, and what they have to pay to shoot those poor little animals in the fenced in areas - to make people believe that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, they might as well just sell them on the rack with the H&R single shot shotguns for $100 and just get it done and over with.

My theory on buying used guns is that the more beat up it is, the better it probably shoots. If you find one that looks like brand new, there was probably something wrong with it. If the barrel is all rusted and the bluing is all worn off and the stock has seen better days, it was probably a real game getter.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Banned

A friend of mine is a gunsmith and worked at a large gun shop.
We were talking one day about my problem with my Browning Gold Hunter Shotgun and he related a story to me.

A guy came into the store, bought a new Browning Lever action rifle - BLR in 308
Hunted with the gun for a couple of years and couldn't figure out why the head stamp was blowing off the bottom of the shells he was shooting. Brand new Remington and Winchester shells - not reloads.

They got to looking and measured the chamber and found that the head spacing was wrong. There was no way to take the barrel off the rifle and machine the barrel down and refit it to change the head spacing. Nor was there any way that shooting a couple of rounds out of this gun - wore the chamber to the point of where the head spacing would change.

They called Browning and Browning told them that it should have been brought back in the first couple of weeks after he bought the gun and not a couple of years later. They wanted $500 for a new barrel. Probably as much as what the person paid for the whole gun new. IN the end, he couldn't trade the gun in - with a clear conscience - because he knew that there was something wrong with it. He couldn't sell it - for the same reason. So he bought a new gun and took the old gun home and put it back in the gun safe.

Basically the guy lost what ever he paid new for the gun + what ever he put into it. In my honest opinion - that is just plain wrong.

I had the forearm crack on my Browning Pump Rifle and the gun shop made me pay to send it back. Browning threw away the old stock and put a brand new matched stock and forearm on my rifle and apologized for the inconvenience. That is probably the reason I like Browning so much. Also probably the reason why I have not bought any more rifles from Grice Gun Shop...
Old 10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Spike

I wouldn't blame the store at all, every gun shop I know of has a no return policy on guns. I would, however, be getting sideways with Mossberg for not covering shipping costs for the return.