Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Salvage Mk II 22lr review. >

Salvage Mk II 22lr review.

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Salvage Mk II 22lr review.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Salvage Mk II 22lr review.

Not much to look at... fit and finish not great. However it was a fairly cheap gun and with 36 gr hollow pt Federals it is a nice shooter. Prob 3 inch groups open sighted at 50 yards. Accu-trigger on a 22 is a nice deal. Its basic Salvage... not pretty but definitely gets it done.

My one hack on this gun is the fact they are now making them in Canada.

For the 155.00 price its a definite buy if you arent worried about looks..lol.

I think if i try some more configurations of ammo that this thing will really be a tack driver. Look out squirrels and crows
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Spike

I just bought the same gun with the wood stock for under $180 with tax. Like you said not too much to look at but great shooter for the money. It's now one of my favorites.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Inactive

Dont you think Canadians should have them ?? Hate to tell you this but most Mossberg 22's were made in Canada all along.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought one for my 11 year old son as it was the only thing I could find left handed.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have an older pre accutrigger one and it is a squirrel and rabbit slayer with a centerpoint 3-9 on top.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're a great deal. Very straight shooters. Love mine.

Extraction/ejection problems are pretty common, but it's an easy cure on the mkII.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
it'll do better, my mark II in 17 HM2 put the first 3 roundds into .221" at 50 yards
RR

Thats what Im thinking. It shot that well with the first thing i tried in it. This gun is gonna be fun. Out of all the guns I have this is the only 22 on the property. Still debating what kind of scope to put on it.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the BV version.It's a great shooter right out of the box.Mine shoots best with Fed Gold Medal with Rem Subs and Wolf a close second.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Spike

My Mk ll has the Simmons 22 mag AO 3-9x32 sitting on it....not a bad scope for the $ for this rifle and "my" shooting.
I zeroed this gun with CCI 40gr hp subsonics and at 50yds will group clipfuls pretty much all touching using a bipod and me doing my part as it should be done.
I also have shot a variety of other ammo, and most all grouped good enough to make the grade. But the standard velocity and subs definately grouped the tightest. High velocity was a couple inches higher as expected.

Did have had some magazine issues with mis-aligned loading and bullet tips jamming the edge of the chamber, had to bend the mag lips a bit to get the proper alignment, also applied a couple pieces of tape to each side of the mag to take out some of the looseness when fitted into the rifle.

Hope you get yours shooting to your liking.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

My boys MK II is a pretty decent firearm. No problems yet. I don't know why it matters that they are made in Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.