Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Remington Model 870 Wing Master. >

Remington Model 870 Wing Master.

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington Model 870 Wing Master.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Someday for kicks and giggles - find someone with a old Wingmaster from the 50's or 60's and ask to look at it.

Jack the pump action a couple of times and tell me what you hear.

The plump poomp is the most famous sound in television.

When ever someone wanted to act like as if they were loading their shotgun, they would put that sound and show someone jacking the pump action of a shotgun. The truth is - when you load the 870 - you drop the first shell into the chamber and close the chamber, the other two or more is fed into the tube. So television was not 100% accurate when they showed someone loading a pump action shotgun.

Only the bottom eject Winchester and Browning's required you to jack a shell into the chamber.

Any who, do the same thing with your new Remington Express 870 and tell me if it makes the exact same sound.

In my opinion, the old Remington's sounds like a 20 lbs sledgehammer - solid as a rock. The new ones sounds like a 16 oz claw hammer. A much tinnier, cheaper sound.