Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Do not buy rem. Model 770 >

Do not buy rem. Model 770

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Do not buy rem. Model 770

Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do not buy rem. Model 770

A couple days ago the bolt handle broke off of mine did not realize this rifle was a piece of junk until then. Took one shot at a coyote and when I worked the bolt it popped right off. Thought you guys would like to know.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should've checked here before getting it. It's pretty common knowledge that the 770 is junk. Are you going to try to get Remington to fix it?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 AM
FA
Fork Horn

Thumbs down

Seems like Remington is making a lot of junk these days. I hesitate to buy any rifle that I'm not familiar with untill I do a little research.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
You should've checked here before getting it. It's pretty common knowledge that the 770 is junk.
You get what you pay for! Brand new rifle...pay little = get little

Always do your homework! Lesson learned.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FA
Seems like Remington is making a lot of junk these days.
that is a myth IMO, ive bought 2) 700s in the past couple years, and they are quality rifles. I was at GM the other day killing some time, fondled some inexpensive pumps, as Im in the market for one to keep as a "borrow trap range gun", the 870 express s i looked at, were definatly the best guns in that price range IMO. I ran into a newbie on public land last year, and he had a 770, he let me hold it, scope sucked but I didnt see what was so horrible about it outside of its ugly looks, im sure the trigger was heavy but so are most factory triggers before adjusted, theres folks out there killing game w/ far worse, bottom line is itll fill the needs of most casual hunters which what its marketed towards.Ive had parts fall off and even missing on much more expensive guns. I think rem is still a solid company.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 03-13-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Banned

The original 870 Express wasn't bad. I mean, it's still crap, just decent crap. Then they cheapened it even more, and made the fit and finish even worse. 700's have a history being good. All the others are bait and switch like the OP situation. Those knuckleheads have the most popular rifle ever built and manage to screw up. Their custom shop is pathetic.

Pretty bad when 99% of the gunsmiths can take YOUR parts a build a better gun. You'd think with all the free research and development (meaning available custom rifles) they might learn something.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was absolutly nothing wrong w/ the fit & finish on the 870s i handled at GM the other day that I could see, and ive owned a"few" shotguns.theyre not supposed to be sexy, nor should anyone expect that out of a 300$ pump, but I dont see why it couldnt wack as many duck and clays as a browning. I dont know why anyone would want reminton to build them a custom gun either. remington is an "off the rack" co. just like browning weatherby winchester ....
Old 03-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buying cheap is expensive...heh.. Git 'er to a smith and he can put it back on
Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good boat anchor.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I emailed rem. and have not gotten word back. Will call sometime this week. Oh and to the guy that said that nothing is wrong with the rem. 770 and it is solid look at all of your bolt guns and tell me how many bolt handles are press fitted on with glue to hold it there. NONE of mine do except this one. I did not buy this rifle it was given to me by my dad when he upgrade to a winchester after he realized it was a piece of junk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.