HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Kel-Tec P-32 review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/31792-kel-tec-p-32-review.html)

frizzellr 06-16-2003 07:22 PM

Kel-Tec P-32 review

Yes folks, this is an actual gun review. Not what you are used to in the Firearm Review Forum but here goes anyways.

I had been doing some research on " mouse guns" lately. I was interested in finding a handgun that could be easily concealed, was light to carry and wasn' t a 25 ACP or a rimfire. I came across the Kel-Tec P-32. It is a semi-automatic, DAO, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 32 Auto cartridge. The specs looked good and the reviews were favorable so I looked for one at my local shops. I found one and looked at it. It seemed to be put together well but it was very light. $269 later and I had it in my pocket. Sunday came and it was off to the range to try it out. I took along a box of 60 grain Winchester SilverTips and MagTech 71grain FMJ. The first thing one notices about this pistol besides its small size is its light weight, even while fully loaded with 7 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber. As a matter of fact Kel-Tec claims it is the lightest 32 made. While the small size and light weight of the pistol made it easy to conceal and carry, they are somewhat a disadvantage while shooting. Since the P-32 lacks a mechanical safety, the DAO trigger is deliberately long to help prevent accidental discharge.The sights are not really sights but sort os a strange notch in the rear of the slide and a short blade on the front. This pistol is to be pointed, not aimed. With practice however I think one would be able to keep all shots center of mass. I was able to keep all shots on an 11" X14" paper target at 10 yards but just barely. Was it the guns fault? Not entirely I am sure. Besides, it was never intended as a target pistol. It is a last ditch defensive arm for those times you can' t carry your main weapon. Both types of ammo functioned flawlessly in both slow and rapid fire. Recoil was not bad at all considering the weight of the gun. Yes I know, what recoil, its a 32. Yes but it is a 32 that weighs about the same as your cell phone. At any rate, anyone looking for a highly concealable, lightweight backup should really look into this pistol.

paulyseggs 06-17-2003 11:59 PM

RE: Kel-Tec P-32 review

i;m with ya frizzellr, i have the p32 and I LOVE IT!!!, but.... i just bought the p3at in 380. it;s almost exactly the same size at the p32, maybe 1/8 of an inch taller and wider at the slide but thats it!!! and it holds 6 rounds of 380. i haven;t had a chance to shoot it yet, seeing that i work 65-70 hours a week. but so far i love it alot. btw, serial number on my 380 is 120 :D

TScottW99 06-18-2003 05:47 AM

I' ve been waiting for the .380 to come out, hurry up and shoot it so you can tell how much you like it then ;)

paulyseggs 06-18-2003 05:40 PM

just got back from the gun store, and apparently so far i have 1 of 2 of the 380' s in ct!!!!!! guy offered me 500bucks for it today!!!!!! of course i didn;t sell it but wow almost double the price i paid

uncle matt 06-18-2003 08:42 PM

I a couple of 9mm Kel-Tec' s (still have 1) no problems at all with either. Accuracy is very acceptable for defensive pieces like these. Take down COULD NOT BE EASIER. Heck at my size the 9mm can almost be considered a " pocket pistol" .
I installed the belt clip on my current companion and it' s " invisable" .

Don' t forget where the Kel-Tec' s origins are......long live the Grendel!

Uncle Matt (in IL)

TScottW99 06-18-2003 09:03 PM

Stopped by the gun store today, he said he' s waiting any day now for the new Kel-Tec and the Glock 37. He did have the .45gap round in and I looked at it..... will be curious as to how this does and handles... though I don' t see me buying one any time soon, unless it works and they put it a 26/27/33 package.