Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
hi point 9mm carbine 995 >

hi point 9mm carbine 995

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

hi point 9mm carbine 995

Old 02-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Spike

Default hi point 9mm carbine 995

i mounted a scope on it and the scope wouldnt zero the gun and the scope are brand new the scope wouldnt adjust the elevation enough to hit the zero its like 12 inches low any help ????? please
Old 02-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bowmaster9900
i mounted a scope on it and the scope wouldnt zero the gun and the scope are brand new the scope wouldnt adjust the elevation enough to hit the zero its like 12 inches low any help ????? please
First lets try English:

"I mounted a scope and couldn't get it sighted in. The scope and gun are brand new. The scope didn't not have enough adjustment. It is shooting approximately 12 inches low. Could some one tell me why, please?"

Ok, this is one of those guns that kiddies like to buy at gun shows cause they look cool and are $99 plus you get free pack of bubble gum.

Seriously, its a gun not worthy of ammunition, much less a scope. Get about a dozen milk jugs, find a safe range and play Rambo until you run out of ammo. That's about what they are good for.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I recommend moving up to something that is of better quality. Go out and cut yourself a nice "Y" shaped stick. Get some rubber from an inner tube.............
Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

True the High Point's aint much to look at and are cheap. But I have a neighbor that has one in 40 cal and regularly shoots at and hits plate sized metal plates at 200 yds. Of course not as often as I do with my AR but often enough.

But to answer your question with one of my own - Are you sure you got the right mounts?
Are they 2 piece mounts and maybe they are different heights and you have them reversed. (front on rear and rear on front.)
But again, did you try the peep sights? They are more accurate than you might believe.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to chuckle when I think of a HiPoint with a scope on it.

That said...I am still waiting to see a Hipoint malfunction in any way, and I live in the county in Ohio where they are made. Those that criticize them have most likely never been around them. Here are the facts.

1. Ugly
2. Not built for accuracy past 25ft
3. Cheap
4. Well Made

I've owned dang near every model that they've come out with...going back to Stallard Arms and I've never seen a malfunction. Hell, I've never seen a jam or misfire. Those of you that bad-mouth these weapons...let's hear your "horror" stories. It's always like this..."I've got this buddy at work" or "I know a guy's brother that"...

Are they a Glock? No But they're not marketed that way. A lot of people assume that since they are cheap that they are junk. Like I said...they are no Sig, but I believe that comparing them to a sling shot is a little off base.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see a distinct difference between "doesn't jam" and "well-made". POS AK-47s won't jam either but that is because they have incredibly loose tolerances, not something typically associated with being "well-made".

To the OP, if you want to hit anything buy a better brand. That gun was made to do nothing better than sling lead somewhere downrange, it is quite likely the problem is not fixable.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spaniel...Do you have a pic/experience of a Hi-Point coming apart?

I've not heard of that. It's pretty clear that they weren't meant for downrange accuracy...but is it comical that people berate a $100 gun because it is not made like a $1,000 gun.

They are what they are...and if they were unsafe they would not still be making guns after 20+ years.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's pretty funny that people defend a POS because they own one.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't own one now, Thndr.

I've seen thousands of rounds put through them at conceal carry classes that I have taught, and have never seen a problem. I'm not looking to argue. I'm still looking for a valid explanation of why they are so poor. I personally have not seen it.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pro-Line
Spaniel...Do you have a pic/experience of a Hi-Point coming apart?

I've not heard of that. It's pretty clear that they weren't meant for downrange accuracy...but is it comical that people berate a $100 gun because it is not made like a $1,000 gun.

They are what they are...and if they were unsafe they would not still be making guns after 20+ years.
I never said they would come apart, you made that up. I said they were not well made. Any firearm with a incredibly heavy trigger, monstrous creep, and won't hit the broad side of a barn is not "well made". This has been my experience with the brand. And no, I have never owned one because tangential experience was all I needed. I don't have to step in a cow pie to know one when I see one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.