Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Husqvarna Rifles?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Spike

Default Husqvarna Rifles?

He folks, was in a shop the other day looking for a bolt in .243. They had a Husqvarna bolt thAT WAS VERY NICE LOOKING. dON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. It seemed very clean. Had a little scope on it. Are these still made? Are there better models than others? How can you tell how old it is? Oh well any thoughts would bve helpful.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure. I've read several very positive reviews though. Chuck Hawks (if you care to believe him) thinks they are very good.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Fork Horn

I did not know they made guns. I knew they made chain saws.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

Its a scandinavian mauser style action that was manufactured in the us by S&W H&R and sears. Its based off a model 98 mauser and many people compare it to a winchester model 70.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

I know the idea about diversification in a business, but I don't go and buy chainsaws from TC or Sony Corp for a reason. They are known for their guns and TVs (respectively). With that in mind I would steer away from a "chainsaw gun" unless it was just a cheap banger that you don't expect much from.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Inactive

Husvarna rifles have been around for a long time. They were here before Huski started making chainsaws. The ones I have seen and handled were of good quality and accurate rifles.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Spike

I have one in a 30-06 that I inherited from my uncle several years ago. A real attractive piece with white diamonds on both sides of the forearm and the stock. Seems like a well built gun to me. Has been in my gun safe and not fired since i have had it. '06 too much gun for these Okla. whitetails.
7mm-08 for me.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
I know the idea about diversification in a business, but I don't go and buy chainsaws from TC or Sony Corp for a reason. They are known for their guns and TVs (respectively). With that in mind I would steer away from a "chainsaw gun" unless it was just a cheap banger that you don't expect much from.
Husqvarna made those guns before they started making chainsaws. They made some of the 6.5X55 Sweedish Mausers as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
With respect, you don't know what your talking about. Husqvarna, Mauser Oberndorf and Gustav were the manufacturers of the fine and venerable Swedish Mauser M96 and later M38. Husqy commercial rifles were popular from the late 40's to late 60's early 70's. The earlier guns were left over parts from the M96's. When those stocks were depleted they made M96 and M98 actions in both large and small ring. Funny how you didn't bash Remington, after all they make all sorts of stuff, electric razors, epiladies, etc. For overall quality, fit, finish and workmanship, I'd take the 60 year old Husqy over most current guns.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Do a little history check guys, Husqvarna started life in 1689 as the official armorer for the king of Sweden. Look at the logo for Husqvarna, the crown on top of the box, its a picture of gun sigts looking from the rear to front, the shooters view.

They made many models of bolt guns and of varying quality with the worst ones being of a high quality. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, civilian and military. Do a search on gunbroker to see the price ranges. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...ords=husqvarna I'd have to say they are at least as good as any of the Sako's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvar...iks_Aktiebolag

Over the years Husqvarna diversified into all kinds of things, meat grinders, household appliances, motorcycles, sewing machines, chain saws and home and garden tools, refreigerators, all kinds of things. But they were first and formost a manufacturer of fire arms. You guys really need to read your history.

Last edited by goatbrother; 02-10-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.