Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli Nova Slug gun

Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Benelli Nova Slug gun

I have a Nova and like it very much. I would like to start hunting w/ a slug gun/scope and wonderd of anyone has any experience w/ the slug barrel for a Nova and pricing on them? I do not want or need a nother rifle (according to my wife ha-ha) and would prefer shooting this if possiuble and getting a good field resport, I am seeing on slug guns some excellent ballistics on targets at 100 yards and further w/ the Hornady sabots. Thanks
Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Nova 12ga with a cantilever rifled slug barrel. Luckily I got the combo with a vent rib bird barrel and cantilever slug barrel for less than $400, NIB from G-broker a couple years ago. Now, good luck finding just the slug barrel for that. (or finding the barrel at all.) I have a Bushnell Holosight on it and with Hornady SST's or Federal Barnes Expanders, it is deadly to 100yds. I'm sure it would be good even farther with a magnified scope.

That said, given the price and availability of the barrels, it would probably be cheaper and easier to just get another gun. If you can find the barrel for about $250 or less, go for it.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
I have a Nova and like it very much. I would like to start hunting w/ a slug gun/scope and wonderd of anyone has any experience w/ the slug barrel for a Nova and pricing on them? I do not want or need a nother rifle (according to my wife ha-ha) and would prefer shooting this if possiuble and getting a good field resport, I am seeing on slug guns some excellent ballistics on targets at 100 yards and further w/ the Hornady sabots. Thanks
I have one for sale. has a Leupold VIII 1.5x5x20mm scope mounted on it. Heres a link wher it is at.

http://www.acetricities.com/firearms-used-page.html