Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

X bolt vs. the A bolt

Old 01-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have never really cared for the A-Bolts as they did not seem to feel right to me. The X-Bolt feels good to me for some reason. I also kind of like the different styling it has. I'm considering either an X-Bolt or a Sako A7 for my next purchase.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I own both, you can't go wrong with either....................

Tough choice, Browning seem more refined (better fit all the way around).

Love the way it feels also !!!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

wow - really no majority either way. I have 2 A bolts. But I guess I will have to wait for the lefty X bolt and try it out at the shop
Old 01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
wow - really no majority either way. I have 2 A bolts. But I guess I will have to wait for the lefty X bolt and try it out at the shop
Is there a lefty x bolt coming??? Nothing on there web site and the '10's are up.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

i only have [1] A-BOLT S/S STALKER 300 WSM thats all i need for the hunting i do .
Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Spike

Im looking at buying a Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker 300 wsm buy dont know anything about Browning
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Fork Horn

Well Browning makes some very good quality rifles, I don't think anyone has ever really argued that. Some people say they don't fit them very well, which can be said for any rifle really and is understandable. I think both the Browning A Bolt and X Bolt fit and feel great to me. As far as the accuracy department goes, they aren't 1/4 MOA sniper rifles, but are more than adequate for hunting and if you handload, I would bet you could easily find some loads that make a nice ragged hole for whatever model of Browning you buy. I do believe Browning is known for having nice triggers on their rifles. I think the X Bolt trigger feels smoother than the A Bolt, which is a lot to say because the A Bolt's is really nice. I will say that I do NOT like the synthetic stock on the X Bolt, just the looks of it, it feels ok, but again, that is a personal preference. The scope mounting system on the X Bolt is an improvement I think also. I think buying an X Bolt is a good investment.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default Update?

I know this thread is a couple years old, and it's kind of stale, but I wondered about getting an update. I'm currently looking for an elk rifle. The three models I'm considering most seriously are the X-bolt, the A-Bolt, and the Rem. 700.

I'm a lefty and not finding any X-Bolts. There are several used lefty SS A-Bolts available, mostly in .338 win mag. The 700s can be found in a variety of calibers, both new and used. Clearly the selection is more limited for us lefties.

Now that the x-bolt has been out a while longer, what are you all thinking about them? I'm especially interested in the opinions of folks that own more than one of the models I am considering, as almost everyone is pretty happy with the rifle they have (which I think is a good thing).

I sure appreciate your input.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Love the wife's Xbolt 300win. It hasnt touched my model 70 in 300RUM yet, but it still shoots decent, and love the feel in my hands. Recoil pad and stock design do a great job soaking up felt recoil. I prefer control round feeding, but I have zero complaints about her rifle.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by streetglideok
Love the wife's Xbolt 300win. It hasnt touched my model 70 in 300RUM yet, but it still shoots decent, and love the feel in my hands. Recoil pad and stock design do a great job soaking up felt recoil. I prefer control round feeding, but I have zero complaints about her rifle.
Thanks for the response streetglide, although being a Road King guy myself I have to take your opinions with a grain of salt.

Let's say you were buying a new long distance shooter elk rifle. Browning doesn't make the X-bolt in 300 RUM. Is there an X-Bolt caliber that you think you would rather have than your Model 70? Assuming the same caliber, would you prefer the Model 70 or the X-Bolt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.