Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
How does your 7600 shoot? >

How does your 7600 shoot?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

How does your 7600 shoot?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

step her up to the 165's. thats the bullet most 06's really like. also, soime of that may be in the trigger. untill you do a little work they tenhd to have a little more creep and a fairly stiff TP. not all, but some. i assume you have a scope on it by the souds, check your bases and rings. also be sure of your rest, by that i mean dont rest your barrel on a sand bag or somethin of the sort. get up on the forearm in good shape and make sure its in the same spot every time if its tight grpoups from a bench that your after
Old 10-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 760 in 30.06 and it shot pretty well with most anything I loaded in it. It seemed to like the heavier bullets a bit better though, but my shoulder sure didn't.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Bob - Consider trying Hornady 165 or 180 SST,Nosler Accubonds or Sierra Game Kings. Order online with Mid South as all 3 bullets mentioned are in stock. I agree with above statement that a 30-06 is more apt to shoot these bullets more accurate than the 150's.
I reload for my 06-M77 and it does not like 150's but prefers 165/180 and I would expect better results from your 7600.
I happen to also reload for my 7600-270 and discovered that my grouping are the same as factory Rem CL. I need to seat .050-.060 off the lands for best results.
I would recomend a trigger job for your rifle. My trigger was 7.75# from the factory. Allow me to illustrate the results.

Before trigger job-7.75# (Rem CL-130gr- 100 yards)

After trigger job-3.2#. Fired a 3 shot group then made a scope adjustment for the second 3 shot group. (Rem CL-130gr-100 yards)
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The main problem with your question is that every rifle prefers a particular type of round. Even rifles of the same make and caliber can prefer different food. Once you get the rifle, you have to be willing to spend money and time at the range to figure out what your rifle prefers.

As for the 7600 being reliable or a good shooter. I've heard all the stories about them being inaccurate or unreliable, but I've never experienced that, nor have I personally known someone who had those experiences. I've only read stories on the net. The fact that out of half a dozen of these rifles that either I or a friend has used, none of them had any problems, leads me to suspect the stories of being more than just a problem with the rifle.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 270 and my father has a 760 in 30-06 that is over 40 years old. When we travel for deer hunting next month, those are the two guns we are taking with us. In our opinions, they are excellent rifles.