Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Sims LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator >

Sims LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sims LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator

Old 08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Spike

Default Sims LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator

Has anyone used or heard anything about this product? I would like to use this on my Mini 14 and tightemn up the accuaracy without dropping big bucks on a new barrel. The concept makes sense to me but I have npot found any testimonials.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Spike

I have heard both good and bad about the Sims. I tried one on a Kimber 84 and saw no difference in my groups.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use one....................at least when I'm at the range.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

For actual shooting I personally think they're a waste of money and worthless. They have one really good point tho. If you are using a two rifle gun case if you put one on the end of each rifle barrel it keeps the barrel of one from contacting the stock of the other.

The only way to tighten the groups on my old Mini14 was to sell it to someone else. Buy a different gun........
Old 09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine has one on a 325 WSM Kimber. He says it works. Personally, I think there is something wrong with the barrel or bedding on a gun that this helps. It's changing the harmonics. But hey.....whatever...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbor has one on his .300win mag and says that it helped. I bought one and put it on my 30-06 and didn't notice any difference at all. I guess they work for some people.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Seen it for sale but think its just a big waste of money. If Barrel harmonics are really such a problem you could just experiment and put a dollop of clear silicone caulking between your stock and barrel at different points or at more than one point and it should adjust your barrel harmonics far more agressivley and without any thingamajigs hanging off your barrel. You could even tie a five pound weight off the front of your barrel with a string and take a few shots off the bench to see if harmonics are truly a problem. Anything will technically alter your harmonics and where on the stock you rest your rifle while bench shooting can even make a differenc. However if you find one of your guns were to show such problems and harmonics really altered the guns POA to the point where a single pressure point in the stock couldn't cure it I think the best bet would probably be to get rid of it. Hope it helps.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
For actual shooting I personally think they're a waste of money and worthless. They have one really good point tho. If you are using a two rifle gun case if you put one on the end of each rifle barrel it keeps the barrel of one from contacting the stock of the other.

The only way to tighten the groups on my old Mini14 was to sell it to someone else. Buy a different gun........
your statement is 100% true ..it protects the barrels from banging together .. BUTTT the LIMBSAVER recoil pad is the best pad i have ever had ...
Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

"That's just a goofy gimmick that couldn't possibly work!" was my ignorant opinion... until I tried it. Darned if it didn't shrink the groups from my .308 Kimber Montana almost in half.

It's only 20 bucks, so give it a whirl. Buy it from Cabela's and you can always return it if it doesn't help.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

If you read the reviews on Cabelas, there are lots of guys who say they really work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.