Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC Venture

Old 08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Spike

Default TC Venture

I've been looking to buy the Thompson Center Venture bolt action rifle for awhile and will probably go to Cabela's to see it in person and hold it in my hands. But I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it? I've heard good things in articles. I just need a second opinion
Old 08-17-2009, 04:43 PM

I just purchased a Venture in 300 win mag. Trigger is junk and T/C won't fix it. I amgoing to return it to the shop I purchased it from last Tuesday, get my money back and buy a rem 700. The rifle hangs nice but the customer service is AWFUL at T/C.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:33 AM

Thumbs up TC Venture

Love my venture in 270, have 100 rounds thruogh it already, during break-in i shot in 3 shot groups, cleaning after every shot, first group was 11/8 2nd 1in and the rest were about 3/4 at 100yds. with wal-mart bought 130gr win. with hand loads i've got some groups .300 -.400 avg. this rifle shoots great, for the price it has everything, and very accurate would suggest it to anyone
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by danjacs
I just purchased a Venture in 300 win mag. Trigger is junk and T/C won't fix it. I amgoing to return it to the shop I purchased it from last Tuesday, get my money back and buy a rem 700. The rifle hangs nice but the customer service is AWFUL at T/C.
I think you are the exception to the rule, I have had nothing but good luck with any TC product I have purchased. I bought a Venture last week and I am very impressed, it shoots great and it has a good fit and finish. Very accurate I shoot sub 1 inch groups with factory ammo, great gun.