Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Savage 110 vs Remington 700 >

Savage 110 vs Remington 700

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage 110 vs Remington 700

Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Savage 110 vs Remington 700

Tikka and best trigger... naw! I'm just not going to agree with that, no sir!

There all good- It boils down to what you like, the Savages are more accurate than the....
And the remingtons are....
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The people who test guns over and over for a living know what they're talking about so their opinions should be welcomed.
Who exactly are you speaking of? If you mean the people who write articles in gun rags then I wouldn't trust them if they said the Sun would come up tomorrow. Gun mags are bought and paid for by the advertisers. If you speak ill of the advertisers product then they stop advertising in your magazine. Sort of puts a damper on even the possibility of a honest review right there, huh?

Tikka and best trigger... naw! I'm just not going to agree with that, no sir!
In this price range, yeah. Ever fired one? Adjusts easily down to 2 lbs. No creep, and breaks very crisply. Very accurate rifles too.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's presumptuous.
Perhaps, but at least it's based on actual experience with the two guns in question and not onan articleI read in Buckmaster magazine while sitting in my dentists waiting room.

Sort of like saying a gun has the best trigger on the market because of just reading reviews as opposed to having the actual gun?
Well put.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey,one of ya'll recommended a Weatherby vangaurd.Whats better about the vangaurd than the 700?Are they more accurate,just a better gun or what?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:58 PM

The sub MOA Vanguards are pretty accurate, keep in mind that if you prefer to buy american, the vanguard is a jap built rifle. FYI

They are onabout the same plateau.

The Savages have come along way aesthetically and are quite possibly the most accurate out of the box production rifle built...opinion only!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Savage .223 I would like to trade for a Remington 700 .223 if any of you Savage guys have one laying around. I also think that since Savages are more accurate, that you should throw in a little cash to boot. I know none of you Remington guys are gonna trade!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bmumford

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Sort of like saying a gun has the best trigger on the market because of just reading reviews as opposed to having the actual gun?
That's not what I was saying. Forming opinions through personal experience and researching what experts have to say are not mutually exclusive ways to go about shopping for a firearm; you can do both. The people who test guns over and over for a living know what they're talking about so their opinions should be welcomed.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference. Some people don't like Savage's Glock-like trigger and that's fine; other's do.

Well if you wanna base your opinion on gun rags which are obviously heavily influenced by advertising go right ahead. For my money though... having several different makes in the cabinet and having shot several more allows me to form a first hand unbiased experienced personal opinion...

Accu-triggers arent bad.... however the lawyer bar kills them. I much prefer the original 700 trigger slightly reworked. As far as factory unmolested the x mark pro is preferabble to the accu-trigger for me and the Timney has them all 3 beat for feel...

Dont own a Tikka or a Sako but Id imagine they are pretty good as well.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:31 PM

I own a Remm 700 adl, a Tikka light stainless, and a new Savage 116....all in .270. Haven't had a chance to shoot the new savage yet, but I can tell you that out of the three, the Remington had to visit the gun shop for a trigger job....horrible! The Tikka has a great trigger, and the Savage does as well....if you like the lawyer bar.

The Tikka and the Savage have the best FACTORY triggers I have ever felt.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

With the Vangaurd the action just feels better..trig pull smoother....gun just feels all around better. I do not own a Savage but have held one.. and once they are side by side you will know what I mean. My Vanguard is in 300mag and shoots great..Leo VIII 4x12x50 and have taken it out west on elk hunt and performed awesome.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:09 AM

I owned a Savage 110 and now have a Rem 700.The Savage I had was not what I'd call an accurate rifle.Oh,I killed a few deer with it but...On the other hand the Rem 700 is quite accurate and the last years models have a new trigger system.Works fine to me.Not trying to get into a this vs. that argument.Just an opinion.

Quick Reply: Savage 110 vs Remington 700

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.