Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Sims Limbsaver recoil pads >

Sims Limbsaver recoil pads

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sims Limbsaver recoil pads

Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 AM

Default Sims Limbsaver recoil pads

What is everyone's opinion on these? Do they really reduce felt recoil? I recently purchased a 12 gauge and a store nearby has these in stock. Are they worth installing to help tame recoil a bit?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sims Limbsaver recoil pads

Rick - I put one on my 870 super mag and it did seem to help some. But it recoil is bothering you, you may want to look into a better recoil buffer. There are some units you can install in the stock - I believe they operate with a gas piston or something similar...?

Old 05-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks Bronko. Are you referring to the mercury recoil reducers? Which ones would you recommend?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Limbsaver or Pachmyr are the best.

http://www.limbsaver.com/

http://www.pachmayr.com/

My gunsmith says not to waste your money on a "dead Mule", mercurey rod, etc.

Says, "all it does is add weight".
Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Limbsaver (aka Remington R3) is a very good recoil pad. The Pachmayer Decelerator is another very good one. They will definitely help take some of the sting out of a heavy recoiling gun. Just don't expect the limbsaver to make a 300 RUM feel like a .243 Win or a 12 gauge 3 1/2" turkey load feel like a 3/4 oz low brass 20 gauge target load. But they are very good as spreading the force out over a longer duration and wider area when they compress. Remington just introduced the new Supercell pad on some of their rifles and shotguns that is very good. I'd say it's a little better than both the Limbsaver and Pachmayer pads. I have one on my M700 LSS and it makes the .257 Wby Mag feel somewhere between a .243 and a .25-06.

Mike

Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 AM

I have installed Limbsavers on most of my rifles, IMO they are one of the best on the market.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My T/C Encore Endeavor came with one attached and it's a true pleasure to shoot that thing all day long.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

As recoil decreasers, I like Limbsaver recoil pads. A couple of grumblings I've heard pertaining to them (however) are: 1).The grind to fit pads can be hard to work with and chip or flake off. Some folks freeze them prior to working... so I'm told. 2). They are soft and tend to grab at fabric (like during mounting to the shoulder). 3). My gunsmith hates Limbsaver pads... he's a Pachmayer guy.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeye

I have installed Limbsavers on most of my rifles, IMO they are one of the best on the market.
My pick of them all in aftermarket. JMO
Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

+1 on the Sims Limbsaver recoil pads. Imo they reduce felt recoil more than the others.

Quick Reply: Sims Limbsaver recoil pads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.