HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 cal. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/286167-taurus-24-7-oss-45-cal.html)

Slanger 02-12-2009 09:44 AM

Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 cal.

I just bought a taurus 24/7 oss yesterday and have seen today that the 24/7 pro has serious issues with magazine feeding/jamming. Does anyone have the 24/7 oss. If so does it have issues as well? Any intel is appreciated.

stalkingbear 02-12-2009 10:48 AM

RE: Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 cal.

I would send it back ASAP. Taurus has an no questions asked lifetime warranty, and will fix or replace free to ensure your satisfaction.

Slanger 02-12-2009 11:02 AM

Does it have the same problem as the pro model?

stalkingbear 02-14-2009 01:53 PM

I can't say about the 24/7 pro model but DO have an Millennium Pro and havn't had the 1st issue with it.

Slanger 02-14-2009 03:40 PM

I was just nervous cause I haven't had a chance to shoot it. But I shot about 100 rounds through it last night with no problems except the aim point is alot lower than I would like. Other than that it handles real good!! I'm not regreting buying it yet.

country1 02-14-2009 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Slanger

But I shot about 100 rounds through it last night with no problems except the aim point is alot lower than I would like.
You may be flinching, which will most likely cause a low poi. Purchase or borrow some snap caps, have someone load yourmag and have them watch as you fire. When youpull the trigger on a snap cap, yourfirearm should not move at all.

An incorrect grip will most likely result in a low poi.

If you are using abullet weight less than 230 gr in a 45 ACPthis can also cause a low shot (Taurus usually use sights for the heavier bullets). A heavier, slowerbullet will usually have a higher poi than a lighter, fasterbullet. Try shooting from sandbags (your wrists should be resing on the sandbag and not the firearm) and check your poi. You can also have someone who is well experienced and a good shotfiring a polymer handgun shoot your firearmto see how it shoots for them.

Do you have a NRA gun club in your area (they will be listed on the NRA website)? If so, I suggest taking the NRA Basic Pistol. I don't know how other clubs work, but at my club we work on not just safe firearm handling but also improving the accuracy of the students. I work as an RO for some of the courses at my club. Once the studentsdevelop safe habits we work on improving their accuracy.

Cretins 03-05-2009 09:33 AM

I've had a PT 24/7 PRO in 45 acp for about 6 months. 1 magazine was ok but the other one wouldn't feed any round after the 1st one chambered. Dealer replaced the faulty magazine and I haven't had a problem for the last 500 rounds.

Cretins 03-05-2009 09:36 AM

I should have mentioned that that faulty magazine would work ok as long as I didn't put more than 4 rounds in it.