Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

7mm rem. mag

Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default 7mm rem. mag

for the money is there a better rifle in 7mm mag than the remington 700 sps? I think my local gun store has them for 499 dollars.
thanks in advance
Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 7mm rem. mag

I just bought the 7 mag 700 sps stainless for $575 and it had a $40 rebate. Nice rifle for the money, I haven't shot it yet, just got my Ziess Conquest scope on it. Looks pretty SWEET!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka T3 Lite for about 450-475.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one over the summer on impulse ,sold it a couple weeks later. Heres my review. I liked the bead blast matte finish and the stock was nice and slim but solid for injection molded. I didnt like the 26" barrel , didnt not crony much higher velocity, compared to a savage 24" ,so I dont think its necessary for this caliber. I really did not like the new XPRO trigger either. I was not able to adjust the sear engaement, the way I could in the previous design, this made for a crisp but heavy pull, could not get it below about 4-5lbs. rifle basix makes a replacement for the xpro, but for the extra 140$, you could buy a rifle w/ a better trigger. Id go w/ the new accustock savage(when they hit the shelf) or if you dont care about SS ,try a wood stock accurigger savage, pre-xpro rem 700 or marlin xl7. JMHO
Old 01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Savage 111....the '09's even have the new accu stock.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Ruger but if you can spend a bit more the TC Icon would be a good choice.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure the Savage Accu-Stock works BUT I honestly DON'T see how it's any better than a full length bedding block or glass/pillar bedding. It looks to me like an answer to an unasked question. I've built a BUNCH of rifles, and don't see how their accuracy would be improved by putting pressure in 3D bedding. Maybe it's simply an precision bedding available for the working joe that don't know how to/don't want to bed his rifle, and just wants something that'll shoot out of box?

ORIGINAL: Hurricanespg
Savage 111....the '09's even have the new accu stock.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it's simply an precision bedding available for the working joe that don't know how to/don't want to bed his rifle, and just wants something that'll shoot out of box?
I think that is pretty much right on the money. If we turn out to be wrong and it is the next best thing since sliced bread then hooray for them.
Even it turns out to be only as good as glass bedding it still addresses Savage's stock issues and I believe it will further their reputation for accuracy while distancing themselves from the competition.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

CTY 100,

How does that SPS feel to you ?

Plus, keep in mind all the after market parts for Remington 700's.

I have the 700 SPS DM stainless in .243 and like it alot !!!

I just brought a 7MM in Sako's new A7, but we are no longer talking about $500.

Good luck with your decision........
Old 01-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have always shot remington guns. I went and felt a bunch of rifles yesterday the sps felt good it was the buckmaster edition for 549 dollars. I also looked at the weatherby vanguard it weighed a ton I bet it doesnt kick alot with it being that heavy but carring it around would be a chore. I also looked at the cz rifle with a wood stock seemed pretty nice with a set trigger it was 599. I also looked at the t3 lite really didnt know what to think of this rifle seemed cheap to me hard recoil pad and no cheek rest on stock ....
thanks for the input guys I have a 308 already I have been looking at a new rifle for hopefully a elk hunt one day and maybe a little deer huntin and shooting at the range. I have been thinking the 7mm rem mag would be the next logical step up

chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.