Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 best quality made rifles >

best quality made rifles

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

best quality made rifles

Old 04-13-2003, 10:27 PM

Default RE: best quality made rifles

Tumbo, yes I agree with you, that the sako' s are nice. Just last month I bought a new sako in 338win, GREAT RIFLE thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated. DAKOTA.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:06 AM

Well, you might want to check out CZ and see what they have to offer I know from first hand experience their .22' s are darn good.
If you mean quality=accuracy; you might want to give them a try. I think they have a high end line of rifles also.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Ruger #1 all weather, falling block is so strong
Old 04-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dakota nut, try to find a Mannlicher-Schoenauer in good condition! No-one ever produced as well-made a production rifle. They are superb!!
Old 04-14-2003, 04:26 PM

Sako is hard to beat.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Man, I thought getting the money together was the hard part in buying a new rifle. But thats not the case. there is so many to choose from. i' m curious about the AMERICAN made weatherby, does anyone own one of those? Keep them coming, this is very interesting. Thank you, DAKOTA.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:47 AM

Whish this was asked about 2-years back. At that time one shop I frequent had a pair of Colt-Sauer bolt-actions one in 30-06 the other in .300win.mag. Excellent condition, beautiful wood too, and slick actions.
If had had the money for something like that I' da grabbed up both.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell you what, I have been a Savage fan for a long time but I picked up a Ruger 77 Mk II stainless a few months ago and I am really impressed with the quality of the action and the fit. It is really a well made firearm. Still keeping my Savages, but if I happen to see another Ruger laying around at the price I paid for this one I am snaggin it.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:20 PM

BigEd, do tou remember the price of the pair? Can you give me an idea what a Colt-Saur sells for now? What kind of action is it ? Push, controlled,etc...DAKOTA.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Colt Sauer is push-feed, and very well-made. It has a bolt in which the locking lugs on the front of the bolt are cammed in and out of recesses in the bolt body by raising and lowering the bolt handle. The bolt DOES NOT rotate, the locking lugs are pivoting parts! Makes for a smooth bolt, but rather strange setup. These rifles failed in the marketplace, for a reason I am not aware of.

Comsumer Reports evaluated them: " Did everything I asked of it in two trips to Africa. The action is so smooth I' m not sure what would happen if it got dirt in it...could jamb easier than a more wobbly action."

They now sell for around $3,000.00 in excellent condition....

Quick Reply: best quality made rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.