Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

high point firearms

Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Default RE: high point firearms

I'd rather have a good used better quality pistol than a new Hi-point, but that is me. May I suggest a S&W 5906. They are very well built, reliable, and plenty accurate. I paid $349 for a like new one, and I shoot it better than my Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 and cheaper to feed as well. Summit Gun Broker is currently out of stock, but should have some in soon. They are reasonably priced and Summit has a good reputation. The pistols come in square trigger guards and round with the round trigger guards being the newer style. If you are the least bit picky about your firearms, I think you would regret buying a Hi-point.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Spike

Default LOL @ all the haters...

first, i know that this is an old thread, but have to jump in.

To the poster that said that only gangbangers buy them cuz they're cheap...you're ridiculous, and have no merit past that post.

to the other haters...

My father and I have shot every model that HiPoint offers with thousands of rounds, and each and every one of them has performed just as well, or better, than their more expensive, more "refined" brethren. I am currently an an 11 year veteran of the US Army, Airborne Infantry, and have been shooting since I was old enough to remember....I can tell you better than any of these hacks who shoot target practice like they're elite shooters that, while inexpensive, these weapons are not "cheap." Yes, they are made with a die-cast, zinc alloy, but are buttressed by tempered steel where it matters, and most of their inner working or moving parts are made of the same stuff that kimbers are. This is not some fancy "triggersnob" jargon I am using...it is real, no **** experience.

Just to give you an idea, I have a .45 ACP and 995t 9mm Carbine that I have had for about 15 years now, and though they come with a lifetime warranty, no questions asked, I have yet to have to send them in for replacement or service. I keep them cleaned and properly lubricated. To those that argue that they are "POS guns" I have only one question: have you ever owned one? If so, did you use it properly? Also, even when properly used, the BEST handguns on the market have eventualities, and depending on the owner, make, model, and circumstances, you could experience out of the box problems with ANY weapon, whether you paid $1100 for it or $100.

oh, and guy who refuses to work on hipoints....first of all, you wouldn't have to, regardless if you own your own shop or just work at one...they are no questions asked covered. and every reputable gun shop owner/manager I know (thats a LOT of people) sells these things like hot cakes, and I have only ever heard of a very FEW that came back to the shop with problems.

The real problem with people like you all is that you have ZERO experience with anything REAL when it comes to actually having to defend yourself. After years and years and thousands and thousands of rounds, my HiPoints are still going VERY STRONG. and if your only response is that I'm some kind of shill here on the behalf of HiPoint, you're not only inexperienced, you're a completely incompetent tard who simply wants to shake trees that you don't know to piss on ground that you have no idea how to stand on.

if you are serious about buying a handgun, don't listen to the "snobs." they've never tried the same HiPoints they are trying to convince you are junk because they weren't "pretty" enough for them. I can't promise you that these weapons are for you or are going to perform the exact same as mine have, but I can promise you that if you are not satisfied, the company (all-American made) will stand by its product and replace faulty parts to make it worth the $100 or so you spent to buy it. I don't know of one other manufacturer that even comes close. and the funny thing is about all those replies that said "don't trust any weapon with an internal trigger safety" because they had some that had broken...NONE of them were HiPoints.

Again, LOL @ all you haters.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

High Point makes guns?

And here all this time I thought those were chordless drills. I didn't realize that was a muzzle, I thought that was were you put the drill bits.

Next you're gonna tell me that battery pack in the handle is actually a magazine?

"Say main, data Hi Purnt?"
HL
Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tommiegb21 is of course entitled to speak his opinion as anyone else is.

Obviously he is passionate about Hi-Point firearms because he made it a point to register and make that not only his first, but only here.

Regardless of others opinions and experiences there will always be others who have no had the similar experiences or share similar opinions. It seems this is the case with Tommie and I know that I too, have had such experiences.

However, when one resorts to name calling such as "hacks" & "completely incompetent tard" I have to pitch anything and everything said prior to that out.

I am certainly not an established gunsmith, shop owner or expert but I am a businessman. That being said I cannot see anyway to run a successful business offering a quality products, at par with and competitive in a marketplace if I were to have to even pay for the shipping to get one of my products back, plus the repair, and shipping costs back to my customer. If cases of $100 firearms the shipping costs alone could be equal to the purchase cost.

It would be my opinion based upon business experience that if anyone were to survive in a marketplace repairing for a lifetime and free of charge there would have to be a very, very, very low cost of the product from the very beginning. As Hi-Point is an "All-American made" product I really can't see any low cost involved in the labor.

That is just my opinion that I, as Tommygb21 is entitled to. Tommy don't let this sway you. Please join in for other discussions, too. This in overall, and generally a great crowd. Can't say I agree with starting out with a first post attacking others, but I think it will flow under the bridge pretty well.

(The "tard" comment on the other hand was pretty insensitive)