Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

30/06 vs 300 Win Mag

Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30/06 vs 300 Win Mag

Personally, I would sell the 270 and buy the 300. Then you have most every animal, and every rangein North America covered.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 30/06 vs 300 Win Mag

I wouldnt think twice at shooting an elk or any animal for that matterat 200yrdswith my 270 with 150gr np bullets...And it lays deer right down with 130gr hornady sp. Great round..not alot of variety in loads, but very little adjustment is needed.

270 in the boiler room really packs a punch....

300 win mag is a good sized cannon...not something I really look forward to shooting at the range in my opinion, but it will kill anything...I would get a 7mm Rem Mag over a 300 just to be different...lol

30-06 isalmost thestandard by which all hunting rifles are judged by....lots of different loads to use in 30caliber...shoot anything from groundhogs to bear...06 will get the job done with easeon anything in North America