Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

revolver sling?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Spike

Default revolver sling?

Hey all,

I picked up a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 casull for a real good price and i have been wearing it during hunting season this year, hoping to get chance to try it out..well, no chance came but i learned an important lesson...heavy handguns are problematic when tree stand hunting...no room for shooting sticks, nothing to brace it off of..which lead me to think about getting a sling for it..a bungee sling to apply the isokenitic principles to allow me to steady my shot..however, a google search turned up zilch for a revolver sling...any of you guys know the skinny on where these can be found?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: revolver sling?

There's a setup for encores/contenders you might be able to adapt over.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

I saw an ad on a hunting show fora tree stand hunting stick. The top had a trigger activated slide that allowed you to raise and lower a rest that was perpendicular to the pole. You squeezed the triggerusing your non-shooting handtofree the slide for up and down adjustment.Releasing the trigger locked the rest in place. The bottom had a loop that fit over your boot so that the flatbase would always be resting on your toe. It looked likeit would even work in a climber.I didn't get the brand and haven't seen it on the web. Maybe someone else has seen it somewhere and has more info.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Spike

I think the poster above is talking about the "trigger sticks". I couldn't find the one with the boot loop, but the rest of the description sounds like them.
Also, I seen on another forum where a guy used a simple piece of parachute cord with loops on each end. He puts each thumb in the loops and wraps the cord around the back of his neck. Just get the piece of cord the right lenght and it will pull up tight giving you a steady hold on your hand cannon.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Spike

now thats a good idea..cheap and effective...i think ill try that next time im at the range and see how well it works..thanks