Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

The next big thing!!

Old 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Default RE: The next big thing!!

I would like to see Savage and Hornady team up to produce a 223 class cartrige that could handle 80 gr plus bullets, maybe even 23 caliber and chamber the new model 25 rifle in it.
I have the classic and it is awsome but I would like just a little more bullet for white tails.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Spike

Probably a .1071 BangFlop Super Duper Magnum

12,000 FPS & 21,548Ft Lbs.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 PM

I'm not into magnums, so I'll leave that bang-flop whatchamacallit for you to use down there in Florida.
If I can't kill it with my 45/70, 30/06, 308,270,243,223,44 mag or a few more I will not piss it off to begin with.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new and improved Night-time Portable Stand (NPS).

No need to use that old portable stand that you actually had to move from one location to the other during the daylight hours. Get the new and improved NPS. It's allows the mover to gain an entirely new approach to moving portable stands. You can now move them at night with the aid of a built in flashlight. Don't be the only one in your area sleeping peacefully during the night when you could be out moving your portable stand at 2 in the morning with all of your good ol' hunting buddies. Be the first in your area to grab up one of these never before seen advances in hunting technology. Purchase now and get 2 free double-A batteries to go with your piece of junk flashlight.

Offer not valid without purchase of dunce hat. Please, no COD's
Old 11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gangly
Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

know some will disagree, but I still think there is a magic caliber out there that will cleanly take deer and elk without taking your shoulder off....
Haven't the .270 Winchester and .30-'06 Springfield been doing this for years?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

The new and improved Night-time Portable Stand (NPS).

No need to use that old portable stand that you actually had to move from one location to the other during the daylight hours. Get the new and improved NPS. It's allows the mover to gain an entirely new approach to moving portable stands. You can now move them at night with the aid of a built in flashlight. Don't be the only one in your area sleeping peacefully during the night when you could be out moving your portable stand at 2 in the morning with all of your good ol' hunting buddies. Be the first in your area to grab up one of these never before seen advances in hunting technology. Purchase now and get 2 free double-A batteries to go with your piece of junk flashlight.

Offer not valid without purchase of dunce hat. Please, no COD's

Gangly you must have read the same article I did. What a joke.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Father Forkhorn

know some will disagree, but I still think there is a magic caliber out there that will cleanly take deer and elk without taking your shoulder off....
Haven't the .270 Winchester and .30-'06 Springfield been doing this for years?
the operative word here is cleanly...can you kill and elk with a 270 or a 30-06...sure you can, can you do do it cleanly witha nice patch of green between you and the animal??? The problem with these two is that after 300 yards they bleed off speed and energy too quickly, and to get that speed and energy back, you have to move up to something faster and something that recoils harder...that's the issue....furthermore, and on a side note, i weep for those .270 toters...especially those who think its all that...move up to a .280 rem and get some real performance...now the 06, i cant think of a more versatile rifle, i love mine and shoot it as fast as i can make bullets for it, but sooner or later were gonna have to get out of the box and make something even more adaptable...people who swear by the 06 and think there is no reason to make something new cause if it was good enough for pappy and grandpappy and grandpappy's pappy are the same type of people who died in the black plague because there idea of treating it was to open a vien and pour out a pint of blood cause that's that the way diseases have always been treated....
Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

So a whole 7 thousandths of an inch makes the 280 a real performer over the .270huh?

but sooner or later were gonna have to get out of the box and make something even more adaptable...people
Like what. What would be more adaptable?
We already have every conceivable bullet diameter and velocity covered that can be shot from a portableshoulder fired gun.
Pushing a bulletat "X" velocity from case design "A" is the same as pushing that same bullet at the same velocity from case desigh "B". What is there to adapt? You said so yourself about the 30TC essentially being a .308 Win. with different powders. Oh, except that it is suppose to achieve the velocity of the 30-06.I guess they adapted their powders huh?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:41 PM

As much as I love my 280 I can't honestly say that there is enough difference between it and a 270 that anyone would ever notice.

If you want more energy at longer ranges with similar recoil , you need to increase the caliber and weight of the bullet. For instance, a 338-06 shoots a 200gr bullet at similar velocity and tragectory as a 30-06 shoots a 180gr bullet and with simliar recoil but the 338 bullet will hit harder when it gets there.

Quick Reply: The next big thing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.