Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Don't believe Obama on guns >

Don't believe Obama on guns

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Don't believe Obama on guns

Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM
hp6

Default Don't believe Obama on guns

Just in case you don't fully believe the NRA, this is direct fromObama's own web site [>:]

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_obamas_c.php

Obama Supported A Package Of Legislation That Would Limit Handgun Sales To One A Month. ''The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. 'We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased.'" [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
Obama Voted To Prohibit Multiple Sales Of Handguns Within A 30-Day Period. In 2003, Obama voted to create the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns, prohibiting the multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. In 2000, Obama was co-sponsor of bill prohibiting the transfer of more than one handgun within a 30-day period. The bill exempted federally licensed firearm dealers who purchase handguns in the regular course of business, military, law enforcement officials and certain hunters. [93rd GA, HB 2579, 5/16/03, 3R L; 23-36-0; 91st GA; SB 1614; 2000]
Obama Disagreed With The NRA That "People Should Be Unimpeded And Unregulated On Gun Ownership;" In Favor Of Handgun Registration And Licensing Requirements. Obama said, "I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training." [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]
Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Don't believe Obama on guns

Why is this here
Old 10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why join the NRA ?

That's why it's here........

Stand up and be counted
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sheridan

Why join the NRA ?

That's why it's here........

Stand up and be counted
What I was saying is why was this postin Firearm Review Forumand not in Politics where it should be.

And next I am all for the NRAI am a Life time Member. and that is why my signature is join the NRA and your is Brown Dirt Cowboy
Stand up and be counted.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Good point. I also do not like the way he is palling around with terrorists. The guy gives me the creeps, if he is in charge we will be defenseless.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't vote for B.O. for dog catcher. That would be mean to the dogs.

McCain / Palin '08
Old 10-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rifle Man,

What I was trying to say is that we (gun owners)have to rally together before there is no longer an NRA to join.

We need to get the word out everywhere & whenever we can.

Weneed to"Stand up and be counted", so hopefully we still have an NRA to join.

No disrespect intented, just trying to rally the troops......

Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sheridan

Rifle Man,

What I was trying to say is that we (gun owners)have to rally together before there is no longer an NRA to join.

We need to get the word out everywhere & whenever we can.

Weneed to"Stand up and be counted", so hopefully we still have an NRA to join.

No disrespect intented, just trying to rally the troops......

My bad Sheridan got use to some of them on the politics forum.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

DA, could you be more specific and name those terrorists that hes supposed to be palling around with. you shouldnt believe everything you hear from Palin. the same goes with McCain.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

I wouldn't vote for B.O. for dog catcher. That would be mean to the dogs.

McCain / Palin '08
X2

Quick Reply: Don't believe Obama on guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.