Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Winchester Super X3 Shotgun >

Winchester Super X3 Shotgun

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Winchester Super X3 Shotgun

Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Winchester Super X3 Shotgun

I already own a Benelli M1- 12 gauge but wanted another autoloader.

After looking at multiple different autoloader shotguns I have decided on the Winchester Super X3.Anyone own one? How do you like it? Any issues?

Also, why doesen't Winchester make any 20 gauges in any models?

-MC2

Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Winchester Super X3 Shotgun

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to shoulder the shotgun? I did last week while looking at guns at Gander Mountain. When I shouldered it, my eye level seemed about 2 inches higher than it was supposed to be. It looked really goodbut felt really odd. Just wondering if it was just me. I've been shooting a Benelli M2 this summer that fits just right.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Spike

I've got the SX3 & it is hands down the best shotgun I've ever owned!! Part of that is because it fits me. There are also shims for the stock to adjust where your eye hits the top of the receiver (don't know technical wording). I didn't have to adjust mine, but do have the shims.

Cycles great, lighter weight for a long day in the field, smaller grip which I like for more control, cycles low brass even though the 3.5" model says it won't, tames recoil nicely. Biggest thing is how it fits you - I know guys that have JC Higgins single shots that can outshoot guys with $10,000 trap guns, just because their gun fits (and practice doesn't hurt)!

Good luck, I'm extremely happy with mine. Use mine exclusively for pheasant, waterfowl, & turkey.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know why they don't make any in 20ga, if they did I would have one. They are reliable, shoot soft, shoot well, don't require a great amount of maintenance, break down and reassemble easily. They come with shims so you can get a good fit, I shim mine so it shoots a bit high that way I don't have to cover the target.
I don't think you can go wrong with the X3.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 AM

+1 on the 20ga. I have an SX2 (same internals) in 12ga and it is a great shotgun. I am presently in the market for a 20ga autoloader and would grab one in a split second.