Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning x-bolt

Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: Browning x-bolt

Checked out the stainless stalker x-bolt and the new Sako A7 at Cabelas yesterday. The A7 action was smooth as silk, just like the Tikka and the real Sako. The action of the X-bolt felt better than the A-bolt but not as nice as the Tikka or A7
Old 09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

remington xcr is cheap junk, awful trigger and cheap stock, I love the xbolt, great trigger and great gun.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 PM

Oh yeah, the Tikka T3 hunter with the wood stock, SHARP! I actually began drooling when I held one. Although, I didn't care for the synthetic model. Heck, I already have a stainless synthetic Ruger in 7mm Rem Mag. My son is getting old enough to hunt with me so maybe it is time to pick up the Tikka T3 Hunter in oh say, 30.06........
Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Dominick

Checked out the stainless stalker x-bolt and the new Sako A7 at Cabelas yesterday. The A7 action was smooth as silk, just like the Tikka and the real Sako. The action of the X-bolt felt better than the A-bolt but not as nice as the Tikka or A7
Glad to hear some of the stainless X bolts are getting out there. I heard from the local gunshop it will be still a while before they show up. I know Davidson's is still not showing any available.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Spike

I would agree that the X-bolt action is a bit stiffer compared to the T3 from the factory. But after running rounds through it and breaking it in, the action movement has REALLY loosened up and feels every bit as good as a Tikka. I should know, my friend, his brother, and his dad all 3 own Tikka's. I didn't buy one because my friends already had a broken piece on the bolt. Didn't like the idea of that.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Love the Medallion may get one in a 7mm rem mag
Old 10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Picked up my stainless stalker in 7mm 08 today.... I knew I had to have one the day I put one in my hands. Having a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 put on her,and then I'm just trying to patiently wait untill December 3rd when I can introduce her to a fine Kansas Whitetail!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Spike

remington xcr is cheap junk, awful trigger and cheap stock, I love the xbolt, great trigger and great gun. If you think the Remington XCR is cheap, you haven't paid much attention to the x-bolt. Talk about cheap, plastic magazine, etc. Browning had a good gun in the A-bolt. The X-Bolt is junk. Just my opinion. But before you call the xcr "cheap" you had better examine the x-bolt!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Spike

Besides the 'plastic' magazine, what is 'cheap' about the xbolt?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM

Just curious as to what ya'll are paying for your x-bolts. Still debating between that and a tikka, tikka is a good gun and somewhat cheaper so that makes it appealing, however, i would just like to have a browning, i know that they are quality guns. Is it worth it to pay an extra couple hundred to get the new browning?

Quick Reply: Browning x-bolt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.