HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Leupold Scope concerns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/252014-leupold-scope-concerns.html)

Rifle Loony 07-10-2008 07:35 AM

RE: Leupold Scope concerns

MUCH can be done with a fixed six.......

CZ2506 07-10-2008 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

MUCH can be done with a fixed six.......
+1. I'm running an IOR Valdada 6x42mm Tacticle on my A-Bolt 25-06. Plenty of power out to as far as I can shoot.

bigbulls 07-10-2008 02:55 PM

What leupold should do is concentrate on makeing their scopes long enough so that you don't have to use extension rings or reversed bases to mount them. Most of ther scopes barely fit on a short action much less a long action.

gunnermhr 07-10-2008 08:46 PM

What leupold should do is concentrate on makeing their scopes long enough so that you don't have to use extension rings or reversed bases to mount them. Most of ther scopes barely fit on a short action much less a long action.
What? I own several and don't seem to have a problem. Do you want one as long as a Unertl?

Rifle Loony 07-11-2008 04:03 AM

Never had a mounting issue on any of my short actions, or my long actions, with Leupy scopes...

Not understanding that gripe at all.............

bigbulls 07-11-2008 07:15 AM

The gripe is that they are short enough (not all of them) that in order to mount them to fit a variety of sizes of people you must use either extension rings or reverse front or rear bases that extend over the ejection portof the rifleto give the shooter proper eye relief. Remember that not every one is built the same nor do they shoot the gun the same.

Leupold isn't the only offender of this though. IMO there are a lot of scopes that are too short.

Rifle Loony 07-11-2008 07:45 AM

Between me at 6'4", my son 5'8", and my wife 5'1" we've no suchproblems with the Leupies we shoot.

Have seen a wide range of other size folks too suffer no issues with 'em.......

Sorry, can't feel your pain...........

johnnybravoo77 07-11-2008 09:05 AM

No problems with the vx-L. Great scope, superb in low light. I respect most of your opinions, but does anyone actually have any experience with these scopes?

Rifle Loony 07-11-2008 10:11 AM

I'll step up and say I don't want to........

Sheridan 07-11-2008 12:54 PM

Rifle Loony,

Have you ever heard this phrase before;

"New opinions are always suspect, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common." -John Locke

Or perhaps this one;

"Practice what you preach"...........I was surprised coming from you, try to keep an open mind.

No offense ment or intended!!!!