Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Canada & TC/Pro-Hunter

Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Spike

Default Canada & TC/Pro-Hunter

Hey all,
I ordered a new TC Pro-Hunter model 4297/20 Ga. Rifled Slug Gun. That was in January. I'm still waiting and not very patiently anymore..... Can anyone tell me why it takes so daing long to get a slug gun from New-Hampshire to Ontario Canada??? I'm thinking that after six months I'm entitled to bitch.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:49 PM

Default RE: Canada & TC/Pro-Hunter

I dunno but it's probably got to do with Customs.

A friend of mine tried to send downa box full ofCaribou horn for me to make knife handles with and it got rejected at the border three times due to bureaucracy with the Border...we gave up.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Spike

I got in touch with the dealer and he says the Canadian Import permit happened in less than a week. Now, apparently. We're waiting on the New Hampshire State Department to rubber stamp an Export Permit???? What a LOAD of Crap.....
Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Inactive

The longest part of the wait is due to tie-ups with U.S. Gov't Depts. I imported a firearm from Kentucky (shotgun) and although it was close to 5 months, the Import Permits to Canada were very fast and simple. Apparently the BATF hates to see firearms leave the States, and really drag their heels.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Spike

They Ought to spend more time going after the BAD guys and their Saturday-Night Specials, and leave us hunters alone. Same thing I told the Canadian Government...
Old 07-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Should have seen the BS I went through with the US State Dept over a Replacement .54 Hawken barrel.Seeing it was .50 or over it was considered a destructive device.Great for taking out passenger planes etc..........idiots.....................Harold
Old 07-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry about your wait but it will be worth it. my Pro Hunter is absolutely my favorite firearm.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

buckshooter
Just a question on the tc pro hunter(THE FRAME HAS TO BE REGESTERED)
I didn't think you could have hand gun or hand gun frames in canada?

Old 07-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

My story....Ordered a PH in 20ga on Dec 15th '07 with intent on getting a 50cal Muzzle Loader in the near future and then a custome 257 Roberts barrel from Bullberry.

Got the frame/stock/forend in a week. I must admit I ordered the 20 ga with a ported barrel. Just got it last week (July 1st). That's 6 1/2 months for a ported 20 ga barrel.

It may be more than customs!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

lost in the mail?

Quick Reply: Canada & TC/Pro-Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.