HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Tikka T3 Lite (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/239184-tikka-t3-lite.html)

joshw020 03-25-2008 08:33 PM

Tikka T3 Lite

I live in Ohio, so I've never hunted with a rifle. I just put alittle money down on a T3 Lite 30.06 for the pupose of hunting the western states, and I wouldn't mind getting some oppinions on the rifle before I give 'em the balance :D. . . good or bad, let me hear it!

Texasyukon 03-25-2008 09:29 PM

RE: Tikka T3 Lite

I asked the same question about the Tikka for about two weeks. The majority said that its a great gun and shoots outstanding out of the box. I trusted them enough to buy two, only problem is they are both left handed and havent arrived yet so i cant tell you anything from personal experience on the rifle. I do have a LH 30-06 Browning and its a great cartridge for everything here in Texas.

Good luck.

salukipv1 03-25-2008 09:47 PM

May consider the .300 WSM .....another great all around, kinda a newer .30-06 in some respects. Can't go wrong with either really.

Retaks 03-26-2008 03:33 AM

I have a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM. Great rifle/cartridge. It was my first try with a stainless gun and i love it. I think im gonna stick with stainless guns from now on. As for the Tikka it is also a great gun. Its very light so if it dosnt fit you well it will feel to have a gread amount of recoil. The trigger is teh best ive ever had on a factory rifle.

bugsNbows 03-26-2008 04:26 AM

The T-3 is an accurate rifle with a very good trigger. You could do alot worse. Good luck.

joshw020 03-26-2008 07:59 PM

Thanx fellas. ..that's what I was hopin' to hear :D

cjwink 03-27-2008 12:13 PM

I had one in 270 WSM.. I really liked it except for the long barell..

153 04-08-2008 05:26 PM

I have a T3 Lite in 243.Most accurate gun I own.I have tried six different types of ammo thru it and it will shot all ammo three shot groups less than an inch.Slick bolt and great trigger(only gun I have not had to carry to gunsmith for a trigger job).I purchased it for a backup gun to my Browning A-Bolt but find myself hunting more with the T3.I am not knocking the Browning as the fit and finnish is far above the T3,but for the money I do not think there is a better gun value on the market unless it is a H&R Ultra Slug that will outshoot almost all slugs gun I have seen.If I had to purchase another rifle it would be another T3.

idunno 04-09-2008 09:34 PM

I have one in 338 federal and love mine. As said earlier, slick bolt and really great trigger. I don't think I've seen a better trigger on a factory gun except maybe some of the single set triggers. I believe you'll be pleased with the caliber selection too. Not much that can't be downed with a 30-06.

sabotloader 04-14-2008 07:42 PM

joshw020

Outstanding gun right out of the box... It would be my suggestion not to get sucked into any short magnum cart... If you are going mag get the real mag... Price of SM will eat you out of house and home + they are hard to find in the outback.... Your choice of an 06 is a good all-around safe bet + the ammo is reasonable... My all-aroundchoice would have been a 270 and my second choice for an elk/moose/bear gun would be a 300 Win Mag.

You will really like your Tikka - I did also purchase and extra magazine for a quick switch if I might need one - but man they are an expensive piece of plastic...