Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 ruger vs remington vs tikka >

ruger vs remington vs tikka

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

ruger vs remington vs tikka

Old 03-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Default ruger vs remington vs tikka

i actually have all 3 guns. i have a remington model 770 stainless30-06.a tikka t3 hunter 270 and a ruger m77 hawkeye 30-06. my rating from my range experiences.wich is about every other weekend. the remington shoots the most accurate but the stock looks like cheap plastic the tikka is next great looking gun just likes more expensive bullets i found that mines liked bst the best and ruger i am still working on but so far so good but price wise the rem was cheap as dirt still has the factory bushnell scope and shoots with the least amount of recoil out of the 3.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:09 AM

Default RE: ruger vs remington vs tikka

I didnt look at the Remington 770 but i did compare the Remington 700, Tikka T3, and Ruger M77 Hawkeye. I ended up getting a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless. The Remingtons are jsut getting too expensive for me to afford so i ruled them out right away and the fact it didnt feel right. Then i compared a Tikka T3 HUnter in 338 Win Mag, Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM, and a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 7mm Mag. The Rugers are nice guns and fit me well. The Tikka just felt alot better to me and had alot beter trigger and a MOA guarantee. So i decided to get the 300 WSM because a 338 Win Mag is a little big for deer and i wanted a stainless gun.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 AM

i agree about the trigger with the tikka.it is way lighter then the ruger.i just like guns so i figured i would try something new and the ruger i got was the one with the hogue stock and stainless barrel and i picked it up for 650 after tax.the next gun i am planning on buying is a remington 700 tactical rifle in 308 just always wanted one.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had two Tikkas. One was good, one wasn't. Did like their triggers tho. I'm not a Remmy fan, but I do like Rugers. I've sold all my bolt guns except for two (Sako and Kimber) and have a Cooper M-52 on order. That's it for me. I'm too old and tired for continually messing around seeking perfection. Just shoot what you like, what feels the best and performs to your expectations.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM

The Ruger i was looking at had a wood stock and blued. It was $525 before taxes. I want to get one but i cant afford to buy alot of guns so i had to get the one that felt the best.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Remington Model 7, 2 Ruger M77 (One in 22-250 and one in 7mm08 compact).. I had a Tikka T3 light in 270 WSM that I gave to my cousin.. Just didn't like the long barrell on it.. I liked the Tikka the best as far as trigger, the Rem as far as accuarcy and the Ruger as far as the configuriation on the stock, barrell lenghts..
Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tboquet07

i actually have all 3 guns. i have a remington model 770 stainless30-06.a tikka t3 hunter 270 and a ruger m77 hawkeye 30-06. my rating from my range experiences.wich is about every other weekend. the remington shoots the most accurate but the stock looks like cheap plastic the tikka is next great looking gun just likes more expensive bullets i found that mines liked bst the best and ruger i am still working on but so far so good but price wise the rem was cheap as dirt still has the factory bushnell scope and shoots with the least amount of recoil out of the 3.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a run-on sentence to be proud of!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 PM

that my friend is a coonass talkiing normal
Old 03-04-2008, 07:52 AM

Ive always preferred the feel and action of the remington's minus the 710 which i hate, over any other action, but the tikka's are just so damn pretty tho.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: tboquet07

Get a Savage.

I built up aSavage 110 from the receiver up in gunsmithing school, in 308.

I am doing a synthetic stock for it at school now.

For the $$$$ a Savage is Verry accurate right out of the box.
The Savage people like to go to rifle shoots and pull one right out of the box,
And shoot better that the custom rifles the others paid a lot of $$$$ for.

JMHO I like the Savage rifles.

Quick Reply: ruger vs remington vs tikka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.