Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC Encore???

Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TC Encore???

Was lookin at this gun and i just want some opinions and your thoughts on this gun!

what do ya think about it?

THANKS!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Encore???

I bought the .50 Caliber muzzleloader a couple of years ago and was very pleased with it. Then I purchased a .22-250 barrel and this year a .204, both were factory issue. I wasn't impressed by the groups on the rifle and did some research on what I could do to make them shoot better. The cheapest thing I came up with was a forend hanger bar made by Stratton Custom T/C Accessories ( strattoncustom.com ). I had my doubts, but I have to admit the results were good. Both barrels now shoot under an inch if I do my part.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had an Encore a few years ago in 7-08. I just could not get this rifle to shoot well enough for my taste. I even sent it back to the factory twice. The best group I could get out of it with numerous loads was around 2 1/2".
I may have had a fluke but it sort of soured me on the Encore. I like T/C products and have several of their sidelock muzzleloaders and a Contender. And T/C's customer service always treated me right.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have never seen a Encore that wouldn't shoot very well. But flukes do happen. If you want some prices (used or new) e-mail me and we can discuss options. [email protected]
Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

I have a TC/Encore SST 300 Win Mag and its a great gun. The gun is very light once sighted in, a force to be reckoned with. The rifle is so smooth sounding that during rifle season I saw two Mature Does walking down a trail 30 yds from my stand. I shot the one in the front and other one didnt even know what was going on so I was able toreload and shoot the other one. Great Gun!

Old 01-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is the best 250$ rifle that 700$ can buy.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahahaha!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

bought mine three years ago. Synthetic stock, thumb hole. It is hands down the most accurate BP rifle I have ever owned, in fact possibly most accurate rifle period. 150gr triple 7, Hornady 240gr.xp, sabot. The ballistics/traj. with this loads is off the charts!!! I never thought I would switch from traditional BP rifles, but doubt now I would ever go back. However, I have not bought rifle barrels for it, nor do I plan to.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

My SS 25-06 will do moa with most bullets I've tried. I guess you can't ask for much more. Fit and finish is also awesome! Brett
Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunter5325

Fit and finish is also awesome!
This is what I found to be poor. My friend just bought an encore in stainless. The barrell is gettin scratched from the reciever just by opening and closing it, and its already starting to rust and it hasnt even been used, it is brand new.

Quick Reply: TC Encore???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.