Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Thoughts on Rock River Arms? >

Thoughts on Rock River Arms?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Thoughts on Rock River Arms?

Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Rock River Arms?

I looked at one of those Predator's. I thought it was a real dandy. I think you are really going to like it. Good Luck with it, Tom.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Best ARs on the market. Nuff Said.
There are certainly others that are better, but they cost more.

I am curious how the new one will shoot, I have heard some bad stuff about the new guns and quality control. I ended up going with a Bushmaster upper when I heard that.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

not really enough difference in the parts guns to worry about, they get parts from the same pool of vendors everyone else does, and like about all of them, an average one shoots good the good ones are scary.
RR
Please consider this a question. I have read alot of your threads about AR's, and Igive great consideration to what you post about AR's.

However I do have a question for you.IMO the barrel is the most important part of an upper?? My RR has a Wilson barrel that is chambered for the 223 Wylde. Are you saying that barrel is the same on all mfrs. AR's?? Or are you talking about the bolt and other parts. I studied AR's alot before I bought my Varminter. Ibought the RR because of (again IMO) the better barrel, and the 223 Wylde chambering. Was I wrong??

I must have gotten lucky, because I have one of the scary one's. But then I am pretty happy with that. It makes up for my bad luck playing Texas Hold-Em. Tom.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

I am curious how the new one will shoot, I have heard some bad stuff about the new guns and quality control. I ended up going with a Bushmaster upper when I heard that.

What are some of these "horror" stories you've been hearing about???
Old 01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a buddy that brought up his brand new Bushmaster Predator and its the only AR I've ever been around that is a true single shot. We disassembled it and cleaned it an lubed it 3 times. The most we ever got it to shoot in a row was 3 times. We tried a dozen different mags, and about 6 kinds of ammo. Sometimes it would eject the empty, sometimes it wouldn't. Not real sure what its deal is, he was taking it back to the dealer today and seeing what they had to say about it.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 4 Buck

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

What are some of these "horror" stories you've been hearing about???
A buddy of mine heads a junior high power service rifle team. He got them all RRA NM rifles and almost every one had problems. From loose sites, to barrels. Their customer service was also terrible trying to get them fixed. He said a few years ago they made some awesome rifles, then they got too big too fast and production went up, but quality went down. I guess most service rifle competitors have been experiencing the same thing. I know that he is super picky about rifles, so what may be junk to him, might be awesome to someone else. And btw, he is a Distinguished High Master, and one of the only people in service rifle to shoot a perfect 500.

Also, I have all RRA lower parts in mine, including the NM 2-stage trigger and everything seems to be good. The trigger is really nice.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM

I have a buddy that brought up his brand new Bushmaster Predator and its the only AR I've ever been around that is a true single shot. We disassembled it and cleaned it an lubed it 3 times. The most we ever got it to shoot in a row was 3 times. We tried a dozen different mags, and about 6 kinds of ammo. Sometimes it would eject the empty, sometimes it wouldn't. Not real sure what its deal is, he was taking it back to the dealer today and seeing what they had to say about it.
I can do him a favor and take that piece of crap rifle off his hands for a couple hundred bucks if he wants...
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell, I offered to run it over with my pickup. The trigger on it was sticking, and it wouldn't run semi auto. I thought it'd be a favor to him.