Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Nosler 48 Sporter anyone?? >

Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Not sure if the .300 WSM is the most accurate big game round of all time, how did you come to that conclusion?
None other then the president of Nosler whose engineerstests hundreds of cartridges every day during their bullet testing...308 win up to 168 grains and 300 wsm over that.

Nope, doesn't cost 6k for a full custom, sorry.
Priced them lately ...I am not talking some piece of crap with a magazine but something with a real stock, bottom metal and real workmanship

For $1000 less, the Cooper could get Cerrakoted and a Zeiss scope...
Still have a single feed magazine and a 1 lb heavier gun NOPE

I was just reading about the Nosler over on 24hour Campfire, the general consensus was NULA over the Nosler.

They also said that the Nosler's barrel is a Pac-Nor. I wonder if it is the standard or super match?
No one over there owns a Nosler how in the hell do they know it is better or worse then a Nula ? I have screwed around with Nulas for a long time just never bought one and they are nice guns but not worth what they ask and they have a lot of features I don't like.

It's very apparent that your idea of a custom and mine are two totall different entities lets just leave it at that.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to agree that the WSM's are more accurate than the belted magnum cases. Not by a lot, but in general I would agree that they are also easier to load for. Headspacing off the shoulder makes it easier to reload for, and slightly more accurate from the start. That is my opinion but it is also the opinion of a lot of REAL experts(not me). There is also something about shorter fatter cartridges being more efficient(and more accurate) over longer thin cartridges. This is why I believe the 308 is slightly more accurate over a 30-06 or 270. Have you heard of the 260 and 7-08?? Talk to those guys and they will tell you how accurate the cartridge is, and how easy they are to reload for.

As far as NULA is concerned. Well as OE said, and I agree, how many of those guys ever had one. We have had a couple of NULA's. And have also hadrifles that the founder made before he made his ULA's. And believe me they are not worth the money.

OE the NULA had a floor plate at one time(when it was ULA). I had one. And I will never forget. I was showing the new rifle to a fellow in BG, KY. When he opened the floor plate-the whole "SHEBANG" fell on the floor(not unbolted-it broke). The quality was very poor. I could tell you more, but that is for another post. Tom.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Not sure if the .300 WSM is the most accurate big game round of all time, how did you come to that conclusion?
None other then the president of Nosler whose engineerstests hundreds of cartridges every day during their bullet testing...308 win up to 168 grains and 300 wsm over that.

Nope, doesn't cost 6k for a full custom, sorry.
Priced them lately ...I am not talking some piece of crap with a magazine but something with a real stock, bottom metal and real workmanship

For $1000 less, the Cooper could get Cerrakoted and a Zeiss scope...
Still have a single feed magazine and a 1 lb heavier gun NOPE

I was just reading about the Nosler over on 24hour Campfire, the general consensus was NULA over the Nosler.

They also said that the Nosler's barrel is a Pac-Nor. I wonder if it is the standard or super match?
No one over there owns a Nosler how in the hell do they know it is better or worse then a Nula ? I have screwed around with Nulas for a long time just never bought one and they are nice guns but not worth what they ask and they have a lot of features I don't like.

It's very apparent that your idea of a custom and mine are two totall different entities lets just leave it at that.
Some of them said they own Noslers, but I don't know for sure, just like you dont.

Heres my idea of a custom that is comparable to the Nosler:

Stiller Predator action $750
Broughton barrel 320
Manners carbon fiber stock 500 plus bedding 160
Trigger 75
Bottom Metal 250
Gunsmithing 450
Cerakote 200

Total $2695

That should be pretty comparable to the Nosler, and can be chambered in pretty much any round made.

I'm sure the Nosler is a fine rifle, just like their bullets.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeep I had never heard of the Manners stock before a few weeks ago. Then I had a problem with the original stock on my Varmint Build. The gunsmith recommended the Manners stock. So I went with his advice. It is an ambi-thumbhole stock. I should be getting the rifle any day now. I hope the stock is a good one. However you posting it in "your build" gives me encouragement.

My new rifle will have a blue printed and sleeved Remington action, target trigger, Krieger barrel, and Manners stock for about $2400 including the scope base. Tom.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Jeep I had never heard of the Manners stock before a few weeks ago. Then I had a problem with the original stock on my Varmint Build. The gunsmith recommended the Manners stock. So I went with his advice. It is an ambi-thumbhole stock. I should be getting the rifle any day now. I hope the stock is a good one. However you posting it in "your build" gives me encouragement.

My new rifle will have a blue printed and sleeved Remington action, target trigger, Krieger barrel, and Manners stock for about $2400 including the scope base. Tom.
I have a Manners MCS-T on my .243 AI. It is a very nice stock, super stiff and comfy. The MCS-GAT (thumbhole) or their A5 clone is going on my next build.

From what everyone said before I bought mine was that the Manners are just as good or better then McMillans, with half the wait time. The .270 I just bought has a McMillan, but it is still in the "cool-down" period so I won't have it in my hands until after next week.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 PM

I love my Nosler Model 48 sporter in 300 WSM. It will shoot 1/2 groups all day with either 180 accubonds or 150 E-Tips. It tips the scales at 7lbs 9 oz field ready.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

love my Nosler Model 48 sporter in 300 WSM. It will shoot 1/2 groups all day with either 180 accubonds or 150 E-Tips. It tips the scales at 7lbs 9 oz field ready.
I wish someone near me had one of these to look at and handle. If you don't mind where did you buy yours ?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:51 AM

I purchased it directly from Nosler because I wanted one in 300 WSM. You can find them at Cabelas, but they usually only carry the 270 WSM and 325 WSM. The guys at Nosler are first class and a pleasure to do business with. The staff will do what ever it takes to make sure your satisfied. I sent them my Talley rings, bases and my scope so that they could coat the rings and bases to match the rifle. I also wanted them to mount the scope and bore sight. I ended up paying cost for the coating of the rings and bases (done off site) and they mounted and bore sighted the scope for free. I can tell you that the rifle is well balanced and a pleasure to shoot. I think they have a money back gaurantee in the event that you ordered it and didn't like it. The model 48 is the finest rifle I have ever put my hands on, except a Bansner that cost 6k.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I purchased it directly from Nosler because I wanted one in 300 WSM. You can find them at Cabelas, but they usually only carry the 270 WSM and 325 WSM. The guys at Nosler are first class and a pleasure to do business with. The staff will do what ever it takes to make sure your satisfied. I sent them my Talley rings, bases and my scope so that they could coat the rings and bases to match the rifle. I also wanted them to mount the scope and bore sight. I ended up paying cost for the coating of the rings and bases (done off site) and they mounted and bore sighted the scope for free. I can tell you that the rifle is well balanced and a pleasure to shoot. I think they have a money back gaurantee in the event that you ordered it and didn't like it. The model 48 is the finest rifle I have ever put my hands on, except a Bansner that cost 6k.
Nick thanks for the info. I guess I drive up to Wheeling WV if I am interested in buying one. I have dealt with the reloading guy at Nosler and he is a real gentlemen. I have a Sako 75 SM rifle Trailer and I have been going back and forth discussing lightening options on it and Sakos in general. I would have to put it in a Mcmillan Edge rebarrel it with a fluted barrel to get it down to 6.5 lbs . Scoped with my Kahles it would probably go 7.75 with the Sako rings .Myinvestment would be the equal of buying one of these
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

Wink nosler model 48 custom sporter

Guys, I ordered my rifle direct from Nosler during the 800.00 dollar discount for being an nra member.cost 2195.00 with free shipping.I ordered mine in 300wsm a cartridge that I find to be one of the best for hunting in north america. Rifle was ordered in October 2010 and delivered to my ffl last week in Dec 2010.I am totally impressed with the quality and hand crafted workmanship on this rifle, including there outstanding customer service ,who made this an extremely pleasant experience from begining to end.Every written rifle review has positively reinforced my decision that I have purchased one of the best custom rifles out there. I have always wanted one custom rifle in my lifetime and feel like I own a great piece of american made craftmanship,Well done Nosler inc.!

Quick Reply: Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.