Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Who has the better rifle? >

Who has the better rifle?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Who has the better rifle?

Old 12-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Who has the better rifle?

Who makes the better varmint rifle Ruger, Savage, Remington, Winchester?
Tell me why it's better.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who has the better rifle?

Winchester riflesdoesn't exist anymore, I say Remington.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.... That's what you're looking at. They all make a good gun, every now and then you get one that needs some work, and every now and then you get a well above average shooter out of the box. The best thing to do is go to a shop and shoulder em all to see which one fits you best. You'll now when you are done which one you want. For me, I went with a savage. It is one hell of a shooter, priced very reasonably, the only complaint is it needs a new stock. Which that isn't a necessity or a hurry purchase. I'm not afraid to pay top dollar for goods, IF they can show to me it's worth. Nobody I talked to at the shops could justify spending alot more for a rifle that probably won't shoot better. Granted this rifle was a hunting rifle and not intended to bea "pretty" gun.You'll find on here that there are shooters from all walks and shoot all brands.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Better" is such a subjective term! Ask a dozen people, you'll get a dozen different answers. Most new guns are capable of 2" MOA, acceptable for most hunting purposes! Getting a gun to shoot 1" or less is probably going to take more work and/or more $$$. Smoother triggers, bedding, etc. It will either cost you up front, in the package or extra one piece at a time. Remington, Ruger, Browning, Savage and Winchesters (name only, but should be as good or better under the FN name!) These and others are all going to be good guns (depending on the particular models) Pick the one you like the best and can best afford and go with it!
All that said, Remmies have always had a good reputation for "out of the box" accuracy! But, can that be said of their low-end models like the 710? I think not!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think for the average mid level models, Ruger makes the best Quality guns. Their synthetic stocks suck, but so does most others too...
Old 12-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

In my opinion until recently my favorite was Ruger varmint rifles [tang safety] now it is SAKO good triggers accurate and they look good chad
Old 12-22-2007, 03:26 PM

Sako, Tikka, Ruger, Remington, Savage in that order!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

as far as accuratcy i'd have to move savage up that list a bit.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Spike

I have several bolt action winchesters ,Rems , Rugers ,Sako ,Weatherby , 1 Howa ,1 Golden Eagle , 1 Browning and 3 Savage rifles . All have their pro's and cons but if it out of the box accuracy is the subject ...my vote goes for Savage.

I was never a Savage fan , I bought a cheap pre-accutrigger model 110 package gunin .270 at gun show for$200.
I was amazed at the groups i was gettin from this gun . Later on I bought an accutigger model 12 ,24"bull barrel in .243 with the cheap factory plastic stock and is amazing .

Last and an odd ball is the Marlin 336 in 35 rem . I know , not a bolt action just thougt I'd mention it because its will put 3 rounds in less than an 1" when using cast bullets.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Between Remington, Ruger, Savage, or Winchester I would choose a Browning or Weatherby. [8D]

Quick Reply: Who has the better rifle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.