Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Question forNo.4 Enfield enthusiasts >

Question forNo.4 Enfield enthusiasts

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Question forNo.4 Enfield enthusiasts

Old 12-16-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Question forNo.4 Enfield enthusiasts

I got my hands on a very nice No.4 the other day that really shoots great. I would like to put a scope on it. Does anyone know or have an opinion on who makes the the worstandmost reliable mount for this awesome rifle?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Default RE: Question forNo.4 Enfield enthusiasts

Since I can't stand the thoughts of anyone drilling and tapping any origonal condition military rifle, I'd recommend the Cad Technik mount from Brownells. I've never used one, but I've heard good things about them.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:22 PM

I know what you mean about the sporter factor. However, I myself have been guilty of this art. I will not be sorterizing this rifle I am going to use it as a backup deer rifle I guess. It shoots better than any Enfield I have ever owned. I'll try Brownell's ... thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

The B-Square mt doesn't require any drilling or tapping as far as I know and is very solid.The caveman drilling for the rear screw in Weaver style mts shoots loose and doesn't leave much purchase for the screw either.Where was your #4 made and has it been altered? Two groove barrel or more? Longbranch [Canada] is one of the best along with Savage made guns. Overall bore size can vary between makers and wear and tear.I find scoping a .303 raises the cheek off the buttstock somewhat affecting comfort[hold] somewhat.Harold *same power as your US 30-40 Krag different bore size