Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Best conceal carry pistol for self defence. >

Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

What do You think the best compace carry pistol would be. I am looking for something with plenty of power, say 40 or 45 cal. A gun that is thin enough to be easily placed in Your waist band of bluegenes, good sights and erganomic grip and easily accesable controls. I already have a Ruger 454 and a Smith 44, but I want something that is a little more handy.
Thanks for any advice in advance.

Model, make and calaber. Your choice.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

My carry pistol is a Steyr M40. Similar to the Glock but IMO better made. I like the trapazoid sights on this pistol. The only problem is that you can't get a concealed carry holster for this pistol unless you go the custom route. This plus the fact that I'm lefty didn't help. You may be able to find a Galco holster for it from someone who carries this brand but they have been dicontinued by Galco.
The XD comes in .40 and a compact version. You may also want to look at Para Ordanance that makes a 1911 type pistol in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.
My advice is to look at a bunch of different brands and models and see what fits your hand the best and suits your needs for concealed carry.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Glock with an extended slide lock/relese, I like 9mm in my compact guns but they have the 27 in 40 and the others in 45 acp and 45 GAP. The slide lock relese is easy to replace and I mean realeasy.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

the right answer is any gun you can handle, fits your hand and you shot well. Doesn't matter if it's a revolver or a semi. What matters is you shoot it well. After that, its up to you.

Personally i love XD pistols. I have a 9mm service. That is not an easy gun to carry concealled however. I now have a .380 thunder which is my carry. Load it with good bullets and i am protected. I think alot of people get hung up on semi auto's with big bullets when if they needed it, they couldn't hit a target in time. I laugh when people say the 9mm will not stop a human being who is attacking you. Just not true. If you are good with your firearm and feel comfortable any gun is better than no gun in a life/death situation. Also don't rule out a revolver. They are easy to operate, safe and easy to carry.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

We're not allowed CCW here in Illinois. I don't believe Wisconsin is either unlike the rest of the lower 48. I guess we can't be trusted........Any how I keep a H&K USP 40"handy" lets just say.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Glock 23. It's the midsize .40 and is dead nutz reliable.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Spike

1911- Springfield, Colt, Kimber, NOT Taurus, take your pick.

Nice and slim so it doesn't "print" against your shirt.
I don't really like the feel of the grip safety but being able to walk around with the manual safety off and not having to worry about blowing a hole in my leg makes up for it.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take your pick. Both are Titanium. So light you do not even know they are there. Revolver's, so you know they are the most reliable firearms you can buy. Tom.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Springfield XD 40 Tactical that is with me at all times. You can conceal it, but its not the easiest gun in the world to hide.

My next pistol will more than likely be a very concealable version of the XD, the sub-compact model.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 AM

Everyone will list whatever they have as "the best". Find something that you're comfortable with from any of the quailty manufacturuers (no Jennings, HiPoint, etc.) and go with it. If you can, go to a range that rents handguns and shoot various models to find out what you're comfortable with.

Quick Reply: Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.