Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Styer..

Old 12-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Styer..

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

You are absolutely right. My mistake. I had the Sauer's, not the Steyr's.

I had a friend who had a left handed Mannlicher-Steyr in a 308 Winchester. I owned the Sauer's around 1985. My memory is getting bad. I had the one's that had the switch barrel's. Sorry for my mistake. Tom.

Tom

Tom
You have excellent taste in firearms. I have a Sauer 202 Outback in 270 wcf and am in the process of trading for another Outback in 22-250. The Sauer is a bit pricey, but it is the best feeling, handling, and shooting gun that I own.
Is that the one that came with the switch barrels, and the real nice case. The case mine came in came with one switch barrel, and was felt lined. It was a first class rig, with the quick take off rings(expensive). Truly a compact and first class rig. I wish I still had mine. It was left handed. We bought them on close out. Some rich guy in Bowling Green, KY talked me out of mine. Tom.

Sorry we hijacked your thread.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Spike

AAWW.....Thats cool....
I like the Sauer's too.......Just haven't run across one yet
As much as I like to buy and trade guns.....I hardly ever buy new, couldnt' afford it..
I like guns with "experience" and I just haven't found any good deals on experianced Sauer's.
But I am still liking this experienced Steyr....I haven't been able to make it back to the shop...hopefully he still has it...!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Javey

I just haven't found any good deals on experianced Sauer's.
Either you haven't been looking very hard or I am buying them before you see them, because I have bought 2 in the last 3 months and had the opportunity at a couple of others. I am currently shooting an "experienced" 202 Outback in 270 wcf and have the identical gun in 308. I am trading the 308 to a friend for one in 22-250. There are couple of decent deals on Gunbroker now.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86550110
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86593860
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86396577

I have a safe full of guns, and all pale in comparison to my 202. You have been warned.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Spike

OK...refrease....haven't run accross any locally yet.....I still haven't actually bought any guns on the internet yet.....I am having a hard time with not being able to lay my hands on it before I buy it..I know sooner or later..prolly sooner bite the bullet and buy sight unseen via the internet I do that on lots of other things but I have always wanted to handle a gun before I buy it..! Part of the "romance" of buys a gun is how you click with ti when you first pick it up.!
At least for me
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Spike

Boy,...my spelling sucked on that one....fat fingered it..!..and didn't check before posting aught to be a rule..!!