Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Warne bases and rings

Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Warne bases and rings

I've used Leupold bases/rings, Millets, Weavers, all with goodluck. On my ARs I use A.R.M.S. rings and they are definately some beefy rings.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

If you are worried about marring your scope, just take a piece ofmasking tape and apply it to the inside of each ring piece.Trim to fit perfectly.

If I were looking for a very goodset of rugged anddurable,mounts and bases, I would go with the Talley for a few extra $. You are only talking about $10-$15or so, give or take a few $$. If I were looking for a good set of dependable and serviceable mounts and rings, I would go withthe Warne. Either one will give years of reliable and dependable service. I have never had either one fail me or the customers that I have installed them on their rifles.

If you are going to spend big $$$ on a quality scope, then it only makes sense to place that scope in a quality set of mounts and rings. If it were me I would opt for the Talley's. IMO they are worth the few extra $$.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Rammer/1shot 1kill/jeepkid,
Thanks as always for your imput!!!
Weaver, warne, leupold all seem to be of a simalar quality.
Are talley's considered the best; because for the additional few bucks it is worth it to me.
I am not worried about cosmetics.

....in the back of an alley......................E.J.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Brown Dirt Cowboy

Rammer/1shot 1kill/jeepkid,
Thanks as always for your imput!!!
Weaver, warne, leupold all seem to be of a simalar quality.
Are talley's considered the best; because for the additional few bucks it is worth it to me.
I am not worried about cosmetics.

....in the back of an alley......................E.J.
Maybe the best of those mentioned. Badger Ordance, Leupold Mark4's, Burris extremes...are the best... but they are REALLY expensive.

I have never used the Zee rings, so I'm not sure what exactly they are suppose to do.

I have used Weavers (cheapos), Warnes QD's, and Leupold QD's, for a regular hunting rifle, you can't go wrong with any of them. I like the look of the Talleys and Warnes best...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 PM

jeepkid/rammer/1 shot 1 kill,
Wow, just got off the Talley website and they sure "talk" a GOOD game.
I would love to have confidence in the "QD's" they have!?!?
I assume that would mean thatI could move one scope onto each rifle as long as I had atalley "set-up" on each of them.
Someone tell me that isthe case.....?
I will call in the AM and speak to someone at Talley tomorrow.

..."and all this talk of jesus coming back to see us"...........................E.J.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, you could do the scope swap thing, as long as the rifles and the actions are the same. Example,say you have 3 Remington M700's (could be ADL, BDL, or a combination), say in .270 Win, 30-06, and .338 Win Mag. Since they are all Rem. 700's and all are long actions, then the mounts/base should align with the scope rings that you have on that one scope. Of course you would have to zero each time you did a scope swap. However, if you have 2 rifles, a Rem. 700 and a Browning A-Bolt, it won't work. Or 2 Rem. 700's, one in .270 Win (long action)and one in .308 Win (short action), it won't work.

You haven't mentioned what kind of rifle you're going to be putting these mounts/rings on. That could be a factor in determining what kind of mounts/rings you may need or want. Forexample, if you have a heavy barreled tactical or varmint rifle, you may want to consider a one piece actical base mount like Ferrell, Badger Ordnance, Warne, or Leupold (Mk 4) base and a set of tactical rings like Ferrell, Badger Ordnance, Burris (tactical extreme), or Leuplod (Mk4), just to name a few. There are several other good tactical mounts and rings that i haven't mentioned. But for a standard deer hunting rifle, the Talley or the Warne mounts and rings will do you a good job.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
FA
Fork Horn

In my opinion, all the ones named in all the posts are excellent. I myself like Leupold, but has anyone ever had a bad experiecne with any ring? I have used most of these at one time or another and have never had a failure or a problem with any of them.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FA

In my opinion, all the ones named in all the posts are excellent. I myself like Leupold, but has anyone ever had a bad experiecne with any ring? I have used most of these at one time or another and have never had a failure or a problem with any of them.
Not really with any of them, I did have a set of Warnes snap on me, but it was totally MY fault...who needs to read the directions [8D]
Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 PM

I had a set of Warnes snap on my the other day sighting in my slug gun. They were some old rings that have been put on a few different rifles. Other then that ive never had a prob with any of them.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a set of weavers that the cross lock bent.Not to mentionflathead ring screws??? I still have weaver mounts but they are used on rimfire's and non hunting rifles.

Personally I like/use Leupold and warne rings/bases. Both have never caused me a minutes worth of woory or grief. For QD or QR rings I prefer Warnes. FixedI trustLeup's Double Dovetail or Warne Maxima's equally.

Quick Reply: Warne bases and rings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.