Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC Pro Hunter??

Old 11-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Pro Hunter??

I would like to know if the TC Pro Hunter rifles are the real deal? I have handled them and like the way they feel but have not shot one. I was thinking of getting one with a 30-06 or .308 barrel and a .50 cal muzzleloading barrel. I just don't know if I would like having a single shot rifle.Would you guys that have them, tell me what you think about them?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Pro Hunter??

Im a fan of single shots and Ill be picking one up very soon. I wont be getting the Pro Hunter, just the Encore...I dont want to pay for a hammer that swings and a recoil reducing stock. I might if I was wanting to shoot some mags but I have no need.

Are you currently shooting a bolt action or a semi?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Iuse only bolt actions and lever actions rifles, no semi autos.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a TC Encore with a 50cal muzzleloader barrel, and I had a 7mm-08 Pro Hunter barrel/forearm for it. I just sold it on the classifieds here a few weeks back. My biggest gripe was I couldn't get a comfortable cheek weld with the scope mounted the way I had mine. They do shoot really well. I absolutely love my 50cal muzzleloader setup, with open sights I have no problems taking deer out to 150 yards. I have yet to try a shot farther than that on deer. So far I have shot 3 deer with mine since last fall, with 3 shots
Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: longbeardbuster

I like the singles because it forces me to be more patient. Some of the folks Ive hunted with that used semis wasted a lot of ammo if you get my meaning.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 AM

I have had my TC Pro Hunter since last Christmas and have not been disappointed.At this time I have three barrels.

.204 Ruger Thiis thing is a blast to shoot. No recoil and super accurate. It does not seem to be picky about ammo. Going to use it later this winter after deer season for Coyotes. It likes the HSM ammo with Berger HP bullets best.This thing has printed consistent sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

280 Remington This barrel has also been super accurate. Winchester Supreme 140 gr. Ballistic Silvertips shoot 1 moa out to 300 yards.

450 Marlin Katahdin This is my Bear / Hog barrel. I don't know what level of accuarcy this thing posses. I have a Eotech mounted on it so it has no magnification and shooting small groups with my eyes at 100 is difficult. I can tell you that any 4 legged creature out to 150 yards is in serious trouble. Off the top of my head I'd say my best groups probably ran 1.50".

I have not purchased the muzzleloader barrel yet. I do have a friend that has one and in shooting his it can shoot consistent 1.25" groups. I did notice that it is picky about cleaning between shots and more importantly consistent loading technique.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The T/C Pro Hunter is a break over single shot, not a semi auto.

I went through an Encore phase a few years ago and had several barrels and frames, but my son and I only have 3 now (his Encore 270 and 2 Encore/ProHunter MLs). I have a ProHunter ML barrel and stock on an Encore frame, and my son just has a ProHunter ML barrel on an Encore frame and stock. I honestly can't say if there is really any advantage to the ProHunter barrels, but mine do shoot accurately.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

The T/C Pro Hunter is a break over single shot, not a semi auto.
He knows,I asked what he was currently shooting. I was trying to gauge whether or not he would like a single.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have an itch, bad itch to get me one. Does anyone know where I can find twist rates?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it lists them on Midwayusa.

Quick Reply: TC Pro Hunter??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.