Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC Pro Hunter??

Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: TC Pro Hunter??

I just bought the prohunter with a ML barrel for our ML season. I just sighted it in and it shoots great. I also got the thumbhole stock and really like the feel of it.

I just bought Rammers 7-08 barrel and I am hoping that it shoots as well as the ML barrel. As soon as our season is over I will mount the new barrel and scope and start reloading to see what I can get for accuracy.

so far.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 PM

I have the pro hunter in 204 and love it. Great gun and very accurate. With some practice, you can reload almost as fast as a bolt action gun. Most comfortable, best handling gun I own.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

mehunter - I'm sure you will be impressed with the barrels accuracy! I will look at my loadbooks if you want and reccomend a few different loads that I played with when I had it. I worked up a 140gr Ballistic Tip load that shot real well.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Spike

I bought a black stainless pro hunter today with tc base and rings and a nikon omega scope with the bdc-250 muzzleloader reticle. Sweet setup. I got the itch the other day so im selling my Knight disc rifle and 7mm remington 700. Gonna buy a 7mm barrel for the encore and it will be my elk gun. Hope it shoots well.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 PM

I was in our Cabelas outlet here, and was salivating over a bare bones stainless TC Pro Hunter in 30-06 and 243 calibers off the shelf. I have been looking online at the Encore for a while now, but haven't had the oppertunity to feel one until today. I liked everything about it when I held it up to my shoulder. I really liked the weight the most, pretty light weight for a 28" barrel. I also like the recoil pad and stock from Sims Vibrations. The whole thing said "shoot me now!" Cabelas was listing them at $699, so after adding scope and all, I may have to wait until after x-mas to afford one right now (unless my Berretta 92F I'm selling finds a new home).

After reading the reviews here, and talking to a few folks at the store (customers) who own one, they seem like real shooters, so I'mlooking forward to try anddrive some tacks withonebefore too long.

I'm hoping to start with a varmit barrel in 22-250, then get a 300 Win mag,12Guage turkey,and 50 cal ML barrel as time goes on for it.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Just ordered one through the custom shop:

Black stock & fore end
Custom Pro Hunter frame
Stainless, ported 20 ga. rifled slug barrel

Future barrels:
ML but not sure if 45 or 50 cal (already have a caplock 50 and just sold a 50 Omega)
257 Roberts (stainless)
12 ga turkey (camo)

A little pricey...but what the heck.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

^ Very nice, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Roughly $930 (like I said...I only got the 20 ga so far). The little bit of custom stuff bumped up the price. What I got could have been had for about $750 without the customizing.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Spike

I sighted in my TC encore pro huntermuzzleloader yesterday. I started out shooting 150 grains of powder (3 pellets) and it did not group worth a dam. I also noticed powder smoking on the grounda few yards in front of my bench which looks like all the powder was not being burnt and just blown out of the barrel. I switched to 100g. and it grouped alot better. I was shooting 100g with knight red hot barnes x bullets. I think they were either 180 or 200 g bullets. I was getting about a 2" group at 100 yds.

What bullet and powder combo are you guys shooting and what kind of groups are you getting at 100 yds?
Old 12-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone know where to get the best rifle barrels for the PH? My understanding is they are available from other sources and some may be of better quality than others.

Quick Reply: TC Pro Hunter??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.