Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Best Muzzle Break for a Brow A-bolt (270wsm) >

Best Muzzle Break for a Brow A-bolt (270wsm)

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Best Muzzle Break for a Brow A-bolt (270wsm)

Old 10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Muzzle Break for a Brow A-bolt (270wsm)

A limbsaver or decellerator will make a huge difference,with none of the negatives of a muzzle brake.They are much more reasonably priced as well.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are incorrect in the statement that boss equipped rifles require "special" bedding. I have pwned a bunch of them and still have several. The factory glass bedding is identical wether it has a boss on it or not.

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

There is more to a BOSS equipped rifle than the adjustable weight at the end of the barrel.As is explained in the link below,BOSS equipped rifles require a special bedding to work as designed.As such simply installing a BOSS or similar device on the barrel will not deliver the same effect without the special bedding.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hwsportsman/Greywolf1.html
Old 10-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not to sound rude but IMHO if you need a brake on a rifle then you don't need that rifle. Get one that doesn't kick as bad.

Install a Sims recoil pad, install a hydraulic recoil reducer in the stock, get an aftermarket stock that fits better, add weight to the stock. All are viable optionsfor reducing recoil. IMO a Brake should be the very last thing one should do to control recoil and one I wouldn't do.

I have a 338 Rem ultra mag that hurt to shoot it with the HS precision hard rubber pad on it. I installed a grind to fit Sims pad and it instantly became very manageable on the bench.

Another thing to reduce the hurt at the bench is make sure the bench is of proper height so that you are sitting straight up so that you can move with the recoiland not hunched over the gun so that the gun gets driven back into your collar bone.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

My thoughts exactly
Old 10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Install a Sims recoil pad, install a hydraulic recoil reducer in the stock, get an aftermarket stock that fits better, add weight to the stock. All are viable optionsfor reducing recoil. IMO a Brake should be the very last thing one should do to control recoil and one I wouldn't do.
+3 sound advice (pun intended)

BTW I have a 270win in SS Stalker whichfelt to shoot as well.I installed an aftermarket grind to fit pad, making itmuch better on the bench. In the field never noticed the recoil.

Good luck
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Call Bob Hart www.rwhart.com ad e will install s muzzlebrake for under 200.00 ad it is threaded. Bob has built me 9 rifles and the all have is brake on them except m 223.
My 7 yr old will shoot my barrel hot if i dont stop him on my 30 hart wich is pushing a 180 accubod 3375 fps.If that isnt recoil reduction i dot know what is. His brakes are amazing!
You can reach Bob at 15704414177
Dwayne Wessinger