Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 how good are savage rifles? >

how good are savage rifles?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

how good are savage rifles?

Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 AM

Default how good are savage rifles?

I'm looking at buying a savage rifle, specificly a weater warrior. Has anyone shot this rifle or any of the newer savage rifles?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how good are savage rifles?

I got a Savage Stevens Model 200 25-06 that shot great out of the box. Used it for antelope hunting.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

They generally shoot great and the accu-trigger is very good. They aren't the prettiest for sure, but they work as intended. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM

I owen 3 savage rifles and one stevens and they shoot asgood or betteras any factory gun made.The stocks are not the best but they are getting better.I bought my first one about 13 years ago.And just bought my latest one a couple months ago.Its one of the weather warrior series.It a model 16fhsak in 270wsm it shoots awesome and the accutrigger really is great.You can set the trigger perfect.I promise you wont be disapointed.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own 2,a .243 and a 7mm-08,both are accurate...
Old 10-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have 5 Savage rifles, including the 116 Weather Warrior. All of them shoot well. The 116FLSS (the L is for left hand) I have is in .30-06 and shoots both Barnes TSX and Sierra Game Kings in 180 gr extremely well. The Accutrigger is fantastic. I hate a heavy, sloppy trigger and have sent many a rifle to the gun shop to get trigger jobs - but never an Accutriggered Savage.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 PM

Savage makes a tough, accurate, and inexpensive rifle. There are more expensive, prettier, and finer more refined rifles out there. They may shoot better than a weather warrior. But probably not. I bought a 110 with the acutrigger used for 225. I slapped a scope on it, sighted it in, and it shoots 1 inch at 100 yards with factory ammo. Some savages exceed that out of the box. And Mine may exceed it too with reloads or with some range time to find the perect load of factory ammo. But My favourite thing about it is that it sgoots so well with regular remington corelockts at 14 bucks a box.
good luck
Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like wood, but the weather warriors are ok. I've never liked the Savage composite stocks. They are the crudest comp stocks I've seen. The clearly visible mold line looks like garbage. The wood and laminate stocks are much better. The actions are good, and the barrels are very good. Accuracy is not a problem with Savage rifles. The Accu-Trigger is excellent. Definately the best factory trigger available, and the new detachable magazines Savage is using are very well done. Savage rifles are very good rifles for the money. In terms of value for the money, they are hard to beat.

I have 2 Savage rifles. A Model 114GCNS and a 10ML-IIBVSS. I like them both very much and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Savage rifle.

Mike

Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, if you dont care as much about looks as you do functionality, then a Savage or Stevens will work just as well for you as any other rifle costing much more will. I have owned and shot many different Savage or Stevens rifles over the years and they have all worked as well as any Winchester or Remington that I have shot or owned. They are one of the very few exceptions to the old rule "you get what you pay for".
Old 10-18-2007, 09:01 PM

Does the bolt slide smooth on the Warrior for you? I was looking at a few different brands of bolt actions the past couple of weeks and spent some time cycling the action. It's not the most critcal aspect of shooting, but whenever I cycled a rifle with a murky bolt it sure turned me off to that model.

Quick Reply: how good are savage rifles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.