HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   OPTIMA ELITE OR PRO ACCURACY (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/208150-optima-elite-pro-accuracy.html)

bucksnortinted 09-21-2007 06:05 PM

OPTIMA ELITE OR PRO ACCURACY

I was going to purchase an omega Z5 and there seems to be people having stock issues with it cracking,is this optima elite or the optima pro a good accurate and dependable gun,is this gun good to 200yds,and who has the best prices on the optima elite or pro..........Ted

frontier gander 09-21-2007 06:11 PM

RE: OPTIMA ELITE OR PRO ACCURACY

optima elite.

The optima PRO is a muzzleloader/shotgun Only

The optima elite, is muzzleloader, shotgun, centerfire. The extra barrels depending on what caliber you want range from $140-180. Stainless steel is the "expensive" $180 range barrel :D
May i also Suggest a thumbhole stock? Very little price difference.

frontier gander 09-21-2007 06:14 PM

oops also forgot. Both rifles are good out to 200 yards if you do your job with bullet/powder combos. Very dependable. www.budsgunshop.com for the optima elite
Best prices i could find.

bucksnortinted 09-21-2007 06:21 PM

I went on to www.budsgunshop.comI thought they had real good prices,they had some real good prices in the combos,is the thumbhole stock a lot nicer,I have never shot a thumbhole stock before......ted

frontier gander 09-21-2007 06:40 PM

A LOT nicer! I too never had much experience but the t-hole stocks are awesome.

Dixon 09-22-2007 05:31 AM

Optima Elite if you want to put centerfire barrels on. Optima Pro if you don't have any intention of using it for centerfire.

I love thumbhole stocks, however, the plain jane stock that came on my optima elite felt so good that I opted not to put a thumbhole on it. Besides, they are so inexpensive to get new ones, should I opt to put one on later it won't be that big of a deal.

Criggster 09-22-2007 01:06 PM

I really like my "regular" optima. It normally shoots about a 1.5" to 2" group at 100 yards. Good enough for me cause I don't intend to shoot past 125 with it.

Dixon 09-22-2007 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Criggster

I really like my "regular" optima. It normally shoots about a 1.5" to 2" group at 100 yards. Good enough for me cause I don't intend to shoot past 125 with it.
Same here amigo.

bucksnortinted 09-22-2007 06:41 PM

OK I was just looking at some optima's at walmart there not the pro they only have a 26in. barrel on them,will they shoot 200yds. as well as the pro,the barrel length on optima is 26 and on the pro it's 29in. if the 26in will shoot 200yds.accurate thats all I'm looking for,does anyone have any experiance with this,any opinions will be helpfull.......Ted

catmech_99 09-26-2007 03:51 AM

I've heard that the standard optima barrels vary in bore diameter. This is not too much of a problem once You find what shoots well out of it. The Bergara barrel is standard on the Optima Elite & some of the Optima Pro's.
From what I understand the 29" fluted Bergara barrels use what They call the "Bullet guided muzzle". We have a 26" CVA Wolf & a 29" Optima Pro & the Pro shoots much better than the Wolf.
The thumbhole stock is also much more comfortable to shoot & of course is very nice to look at !!
Andy