Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 New Savage M II FVT  .22 Long Rifle >

New Savage M II FVT .22 Long Rifle

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New Savage M II FVT .22 Long Rifle

Old 09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Savage M II FVT .22 Long Rifle

New piece here for the chuckwagon to make close, inexpensive shots on tasty critters and tree rats. I use my Sako for long shots.

The nitty gritty: On lightest trigger setting w/ Bushnell 4x rimfire scope, shooting from table top, measured 50 yards with Winchester Wildcat ammo, 1" groups. And I am quite content with that. Given a sled, target ammo, better glass and someone with a younger hand than myself, I am sure it would do better. But I am the cook here so I had to go with what I have.

Fed flawlessley with LR's. Just a slight creep in the trigger. This is a blue steel piece with a stiff barrel, and I found it balanced alot better for me than the standard barrels. I also tried CCI CB longs. I could load 3 out of 5 rounds of CB longs in the clip and make it work. (Full clip and sometimes it would jam, and the remaining rounds would spring out of the clip.) Note that it is billed as a LR only piece.

Groups for the CB longs were not so good. About 2", impacting 7-8" below the Wildcat group. Not a big concern as I use these quiet poppers under 10 yards. Anyway, I am happy with the rifle. I would recommend it as a workhouse for those that don't want to shell out twice as much for a fancier brand.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Savage M II FVT .22 Long Rifle

Sounds pretty good thanks for the report- i think this is the same firearm model i been looking at a few times thinking of buying.